#1 ernstlenzer123

ernstlenzer123

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:20 AM

Hello,

I recently realized that I have problems with gluten. The blood test was negative, but I went off Gluten to see if it helps and my BM became much better. I want to get a real diagnosis, but in my country is public health care, so it takes ages to get an appointment, not sure if they can even still diagnose it then, after being of Gluten for so long.

Unfortunately even without Gluten I still have some problems, that's how I found this forums and numerous suggestions about other foods that should be cut out. Some of those suggestions really helped. However I think it would be best to only eat foods that are really save for some time and then slowly add in more to see if they cause problems. The problem is it seems in past posts like pretty much every single food has problems. I read suggestions about cutting out: Nightshades, fructose, soy, legumes, starchy foods, sugar, dairy, fat/oil, spicy foods and processed foods. I'm not sure it's possible to do that all at the same time, except if I only eat Broccoli and Brussels sprouts.

What suggestions do you guys have what are the most important things to cut out and what to start eating with? So far I'm only relatively certain that I have problems with fat or oil. When I eat bacon or just fry some rice my stomach makes bad sounds and I get very tired. Is it normal that I never had a problem with oil and fat before and now that I cut out gluten I suddenly can't handle it anymore?

Thanks for all suggestions.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

Gluten has a tendency to mask other intolerance symptoms.

Eat a whole foods diet, nothing processed. So basic things like meat, veggies, and fruits.

Please remember, not all people have issues with certain things. For one, i can handle corn and soy just fine, yet others can not.

I suggest that you keep  a food diary so you can try to find a pattern amongst the food that you are eating that might be causing this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: