2 replies to this topic

#1 StormyWen

StormyWen

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

I'm on day 7 of my gluten trial and am going to try to go for at least 2 weeks.....since I was only off gluten for 12 days and I've been eating gluten for 42 years!  I was getting really excited that I only have one more week of this and then I realized I have to keep eating gluten until I get the blood test results and they decide if I need an endoscopy and that could take a LONG time!!!!  I'm not feeling happy right now.

How long did the process of testing and getting results take for you?

Wendy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Deaminated Marcus

Deaminated Marcus

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

The Celiac panel took one week from the time I had my blood drawn to the time my PCP got the results.

Then he sent me to do the AGA panel and I was told that one takes 3 weeks before I get the results.

You also have to keep eating gluten until you get the endoscopy.

Good luck.

#3 taynichaf

taynichaf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

I am still waiting for my test results while eating gluten :( And I actually am doing the gluten challenge for 6 weeks! Even though I I havent been strictly gluten free for long, I want accurate tests. You will probably just have to wait an extra week to atleast see your blood tests... But even then, the blood tests might not even be accurate! I say you beg for the endoscopy despite what the blood tests results are... Then after all that is over GO GLUTEN FREE, and you'll never have to worry about the gluten challenge again! :) It sucks now but look at it this way... You've already been eating gluten for 40 something years... so what like one more month?? Atleast you know you have a problem with gluten, and in a couple weeks you'll know how to treat your symptoms!

Maybe use this waiting time to prepare for the gluten free lifestyle??

Gluten Free 06-02-2013

Dairy Free 06-09-2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: