#16 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,468 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

FlowerQueen

The main symptom I failed to mention (which just proves how far I have come, because it is the worst and I have forgotten about it !) is joint/muscle pain and burning...ugh!

just horrid. If THAT increases (because I live with low level pain all the time) well, then, I  know I have been hit.

The Paleo diet --or Whole 30 diet, etc--can be useful, but when I did it, I felt lousy.  I have a problem with high histamine foods, so it worked against me. Learned a lot, though!

Everyone has to find the best food plan.

Good luck, hon.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Pegleg84

Pegleg84

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Yep, my last glutening (a few weeks ago) hit me 3 days later (just when I thought I was in the clear). Achy and nauseous and headachy and sleepy and awful. And that was just from cross contamination.

It took a couple weeks or so to get out of my system. I'm really only back up to snuff now. My last serious glutening took a couple months to fully resolve. My symptoms might not be as serious as some here, but feeling like crud for that long is not fun.

Consider this a lesson as to why you should avoid gluten like the plague for the rest of your life. And "signs of Celiac" probably means you've got it. That would be enough for me anyway.

Take care, heal up, and good luck!

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: