1 reply to this topic

#1 Minstinguette

Minstinguette

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

Does anyone have experience to share about corn intolerance and pregnancy?

It's my first pregnancy and it's been a struggle. I am VERY sensitive to anything corn-derived and have to get my medication compounded. Being pregnant has been complicated: finding corn-free prenatals (couldn't find any, I'm taking separate vitamins), dealing with cravings on a restrictive diet, pregnancy symptoms vs "glutenings", corn in glucose tolerance test, corn in IV... 

I am the only one having to deal with this? Doctors don't seem to understand and it's frustrating.

Intolerant to gluten, corn and dairy
Gluten free since 2010

Hashimoto's

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AfterAll

AfterAll

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

I am not pregnant but I stay away from corn- I test allergic and it upsets my stomach. I also have celiacs so I'm used to avoiding things.

This list is helpful: http://www-tc.pbs.or...ved_handout.pdf

You have to figure out what you CAN eat and then keep snacks with you so you don't get caught hungry and have to scramble. I make most of my own foods. I go to grocery stores like wegmans and whole foods and take my time reading through ingredients and I find what works for me and stick to it. When eating out I stick to grilled lean proteins and veggies.

I am sure corn free prenatals exist but it will take some searching through the ingredients on your part bc it isn't a common allergy. Talk to your doctor about the glucose tolerance test- there may be an alternate test you can take.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: