2 replies to this topic

#1 bluewhitesky

bluewhitesky

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

We are going to NYC with our kids (age 6 and 4) on Easter Weekend. Any recommendation for restaurants, cafes, bakeries, sandwich places? We want to keep it casual and not to expensive. Picnic-y stuff would even be fine for lunches and casual restaurants for dinner.

Just to give you an idea of areas that we'll be in, we're going to try to do the High Line, Easter parade on 5th Avenue, Times Square. Other than that we haven't decided...I'm sure Central Park will factor in there too. Also, I'm willing to plan our sight-seeing  around restaurant locations :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

If you're going to be in Times Square, Nizza in 9th ave(?) has a lot of gluten-free options. Also Five Napkin Burger (dedicated fryer for the french fries!). A little further up (50th?) for a very casual quick serve lunch, is Little Beet Cafe is entirely gluten-free.

There's an all gluten-free Crumbs cupcake shop on 8th. Risotteria in the village is a great option, but may be tough with kids.

Have fun, and welcome.

#3 Gluten-Free Fun

Gluten-Free Fun

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

I've been disappointed with Nizza in recent visits. You should try S'Mac at 157 East 33rd Street between Lexington and 3rd avenues. It is gluten-free mac and cheese with dairy-free options too. After S'Mac, you can get dessert at Pip's Gluten-Free Bakery on 39th Street. If you are looking for more sandwich-type meals, try Bloom's Deli or Friedman's Lunch.

Have a great time. NYC is a very gluten-free friendly city. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: