- - - - -

I Think I'm Turning Japanese

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_perfect_*

Guest_perfect_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:09 AM

I'm curious how many of you feel better on a Asia type diet (rice, poultry, fish, and vegetables)?

When I switched to this diet I felt so much better. Now I actually have energy after eating. I started this diet down in Mexico, because down there you just can't get any processed gluten free food.

Also I seem to have a problem with “city” water (water that has chlorine in it). Even when it goes through one of those water purifiers on the fridge. I seem to do best with bottled water. Does anyone else notice this?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 02:53 PM

Thomas-
I just wanted to thank you for making me smile with your funny topic title. I now have that song stuck in my head!! :D

As far as the eating Asian style food. I eat it ALL THE TIME!! It is very quick and easy to make, makes great leftovers, and is healthy and YUMMY!! I am always whipping up a stir-fry of some sort.

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#3 VAGuy

VAGuy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 06:36 PM

Your mention of bottled water interested me. I have been using spring water or purified water for the past couple weeks for cooking(think how much rice soaks up) and drinking, and I really have to limit skin contact with chlorinated water. Feel much better for doing so.

I was doing another search for info on chlorine allergies recently and got a hit at www.ecolivingcenter.com. Someone named Joseph Mathews did a posting about chlorine in drinking water and said he took prescription
CHLORD/CLIDI CAP 5-2.5MG twice a day
which is a anticholinergic and benzodiazepine combination, and he was searching for a possible alternative - but didn't say why.

I haven't done any follow-up research but plan on looking into it.

I got a reply when I did a post elsewhere months ago asking about alkalinity of water related to skin and scalp problems from someone in Scotland putting in a water filtration system, sounded like she/I have same problems.

#4 travelthomas

travelthomas

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:52 AM

Hi VAGuy,

Thank you for the follow up. I’m going to do the same with the water to see what kind of results I get. Here in Bryan, Texas, they put tons of chlorine in the water.

My sister-in-law Tona always had problems with severe migraine headaches. I told her about the problems with chlorine, but she just ignored me. Since then she has moved further into the country to the end of the water supply, where the chlorine levels are greatly reduced. Her headaches have got away (she never made the connection). :huh:

At the colleges I went to there were always evacuation procedures for chlorine gas leaks in the pool areas. Chlorine is a deadly poison. Celiac Disease reduces the bodies abilities to handle poisons, and allergens. It makes perfect sense to eliminate as many exposures to chemicals and allergens as possible. It would be nice if doctors could get this information. ;)

#5 SadiesMomma

SadiesMomma

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:16 PM

wow, I never thought about it but damn, this makes sense. I use normal water and dont get too bad but feel iffy but when I used bottled water I do allright.

Do any of you know if "Talking Rain" flavored water is gluten-free?

-Heather
~*HEATHER*~
Living gluten-free, Egg, Dairy, Nut, Soy, and Corn Free since Winter/Spring 2003

Fathers be good to your daughters,
Daughters will love like you do,
Girls become lovers who turn in Mothers,
So mothers be good to your daughters too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: