- - - - -

I'm Back Up To 130 Lbs!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DanceswithWolves_*

Guest_DanceswithWolves_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:02 PM

Amazing, that almost a year and two months after all this seemed to start, I have gained weight back.
Six more pounds and I am back to where I was before I relocated and took on the self-inflicted stress I plunged myself in.
I still belch quite a bit....but not as much.
I have been careful with my bread intake. I'm not quite sure how to explain it. I have been eating potatoes and a big breakfast every morning. I even went back to drinking beer.
I have been taking magnessium tablets and a B-multi. I also don't over-indulge in alot of dairy.
I believe that I have a slight reaction to stuff like cookies and bread because I do burp quite repetitively after I consume them.
Perhaps I am just a bot gluten-intolerant. I still get GERD every now and then...and have gone back to taking pepcid when necessary.
I also think the Prozac I am on for the last four months has helped ease some major anxiety I was going through.
I will give an update later on.
Since I am feeling somewhat better, I actually volunteered with my church group to travel to Biloxi, MS and help with the reconstruction. I can't wait!
I am anxiously awaiting to go down south and help out in any way I can for one week.
Hopefully this experience will be as rewarding and invigorating as I hope it will.
Talk to everyone soon!

Erik :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Nantzie

Nantzie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:30 PM

How COOL!!!! We haven't seen you on here lately. I was just wondering how you're doing the other day. I'm glad you're feeling so much better. Keep us updated on how your church trip goes. What a great thing to do.

I feel totally different since going gluten-free too. I feel like I've just gotten out for parole or something. I've found that I actually need an outlet for all the energy I've got now. (Might have to start jogging or something.) Considering I was barely able to keep my eyes open to take care of my kids for years now, that's a HUGE change.

What you might want to consider is doing the genetic test through Enterolab, which will tell you whether you have celiac or gluten sensitivity. It's $150, and is done by Laboratories at Bonfils (I checked to verify that by the way.)

I've also seen on here that some people get horrible, celiac-like symptoms from some of the other major allergens like soy, eggs, yeast, etc. Soy is really bad for me, I've found.

Nancy
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
~Chinese Proverb

#3 debmidge

debmidge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:12 AM

Glad you gained the weight.

Let me see if I understand you...you found out that you do not have celiac disease?
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

#4 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:11 PM

congrats!
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#5 Guest_DanceswithWolves_*

Guest_DanceswithWolves_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:15 PM

Glad you gained the weight.

Let me see if I understand you...you found out that you do not have celiac disease?

Actually, according to my docs...I do not have it.
I am still a bit skeptical.
I think I am definitely Gluten-intolerant.
More later! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: