Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

I'm Back Up To 130 Lbs!

5 posts in this topic

Amazing, that almost a year and two months after all this seemed to start, I have gained weight back.

Six more pounds and I am back to where I was before I relocated and took on the self-inflicted stress I plunged myself in.

I still belch quite a bit....but not as much.

I have been careful with my bread intake. I'm not quite sure how to explain it. I have been eating potatoes and a big breakfast every morning. I even went back to drinking beer.

I have been taking magnessium tablets and a B-multi. I also don't over-indulge in alot of dairy.

I believe that I have a slight reaction to stuff like cookies and bread because I do burp quite repetitively after I consume them.

Perhaps I am just a bot gluten-intolerant. I still get GERD every now and then...and have gone back to taking pepcid when necessary.

I also think the Prozac I am on for the last four months has helped ease some major anxiety I was going through.

I will give an update later on.

Since I am feeling somewhat better, I actually volunteered with my church group to travel to Biloxi, MS and help with the reconstruction. I can't wait!

I am anxiously awaiting to go down south and help out in any way I can for one week.

Hopefully this experience will be as rewarding and invigorating as I hope it will.

Talk to everyone soon!

Erik :)

Ads by Google:

How COOL!!!! We haven't seen you on here lately. I was just wondering how you're doing the other day. I'm glad you're feeling so much better. Keep us updated on how your church trip goes. What a great thing to do.

I feel totally different since going gluten-free too. I feel like I've just gotten out for parole or something. I've found that I actually need an outlet for all the energy I've got now. (Might have to start jogging or something.) Considering I was barely able to keep my eyes open to take care of my kids for years now, that's a HUGE change.

What you might want to consider is doing the genetic test through Enterolab, which will tell you whether you have celiac or gluten sensitivity. It's $150, and is done by Laboratories at Bonfils (I checked to verify that by the way.)

I've also seen on here that some people get horrible, celiac-like symptoms from some of the other major allergens like soy, eggs, yeast, etc. Soy is really bad for me, I've found.

Nancy

Glad you gained the weight.

Let me see if I understand you...you found out that you do not have celiac disease?

congrats!

Glad you gained the weight.

Let me see if I understand you...you found out that you do not have celiac disease?

Actually, according to my docs...I do not have it.

I am still a bit skeptical.

I think I am definitely Gluten-intolerant.

More later! :)