2 replies to this topic

#1 kyss

kyss

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:32 AM

I am just wondering if anyone else has had this experience after their endoscopy. I had mine done on Monday afternoon...and I haven't been able to eat anything, just keep drinking Gatorade. My abdomen feels like it was pulled out and I have a fever. I called my GI doc and he thinks it may be the flu...I have felt like I had the flu off and on forever so I can't say what it is. I am sooooo tired and unable to consentrate. My GI doc said my small intestine looks pretty bad and he has no doubt it is celiac disease...however he took 3-4 biopsies of different areas and tested me for a bacteria in the stomach that can cause ulcers....that test was negative. I just feel awful and I missed work today and will have to go in on Saturday to catch up on my work....what a mess!

Kelly :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 j9n

j9n

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:39 AM

I had mine on Thursday. I am pretty sick too but I think it has more to do with being untreated for whatever undiagnosed problem I have. I am trying the low residue diet to see if it helps. Potatoes and rice are a staple for me as well as jello and yogurt. I, too, am missing work. Of course it waits for me so when I do stay home I can not relax because now I am getting more stressed about how much work I have which makes me sicker.
I am sorry I don't have any answers for you but I do know how you feel!!

#3 kyss

kyss

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 02:05 PM

Thank you for your response. I think my intestines feel bad because they are a mess. The GI doc said he hadn't seen blood test results as high as mine, and the small bowel matched it. I talked to his office today and I am going to be sick for awhile because he irritated an already irritated part of my GI tract. I also am sicking with clear liquids, rice and potatoes I was able to get mashed potatoes to stay down at lunch. I am feeling very frustrated and overwhelmed too I think. I have known now for over a month that I would have to become gluten-free eventually but I guess I wanted a miracle and the GI doc to say...oh no it isn't celiac disease so I wouldn't have to change my entire life and eating habbits. But I guess I need to start looking at what I can eat instead of being upset at what I can't eat. Thanks again for your reply. I will try work tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks again!
Kelly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: