Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

After Negative Test..retesting After Few Years?

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 kathleen

kathleen

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:39 AM

My motehr and my aunt have celiac desease. Five years ago I was tested with a blood test and a endoscopy both which came back negative for celiac desase. I am now considering becomming pregnat and was wondering if I should get retested as I now celiac desease effects fertitly and the health of the unborn fetus. Is it possible that after a negative test that soemone can becoem celiac later in life? If so what are the recomendations on how often to get tested. I am afraid that my docter might be hesitant to retest becasue he might say that I have already been tested and that it would cost the health care sytsyetm extra $s. I therefore am starting to do resaserch before I approuch him.
If any one knows information regrading my questiosn or of where I can go for foruther information that would be great.
Thanx

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2004 - 09:14 PM

Unless you are having major symptoms, it sounds like you don't have celiac disease. Of course if you are suffering, you should push for another blood test at least. My understanding is, celiac disease only affects pregancy in so far as the woman has trouble not miscarrying due to an undiagnosed case of celiac disease. If you are not symptomatic and have tested negative I wouldn't worry, but as I said, a blood test can't hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: