1 reply to this topic

#1 ADevoto

ADevoto

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:48 PM

We are in the process of getting everything sorted out with testing. But I was curious one of our twins tested positive for the gene DQ2. She has some symptoms of terrible gas and fatigue. Her twin brother has had a whole host of problems growing up (almost 10 years) and doctors could never put their finger on what is wrong with him. Now, I am wondering if he doesn't have celiac. It would explain a lot. But my question is that he has always craved pasta. I mean to the point where he would have rages he doesn't get it. He is a very picky eater. I have heard that cravings like this might be a symptom of something. Has anyone else experienced or heard of this?
Thanks for the replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Boojca

Boojca

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:20 PM

I seem to recall hearing something like that, but I don't remember exactly what or where. All I know is that up until the day my son was diagnosed, the last month or so ALL he wanted to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner was tortellini. He literally would not eat anything else. Since his diagnosis, and since he's been eating gluten-free, I have not heard one peep about tortellini. So, I don't know if there is anything scientific out there about this, but that was my personal experience. Do with that information what you'd like!

Bridget

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: