3 replies to this topic

#1 TriticusToxicum

TriticusToxicum

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:40 PM

I was flipping through the channels tonight (Wednesday) and I heard the magic word "gluten". I stopped to see what I was missing, and it was a whole segment on Celiac Disease on this show I've never heard of "Moms on the Move" on PAX... sort of a feel good moms save the world show. They interview a woman who saw 22 doctors before being diagnosed. Check it out here.
It was a pretty good segment.
Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05
Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mouse

mouse

**armetta**

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:25 PM

Thank you for sharing this Richard. It was a good article. I read it, instead of listening - he he.
"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004
Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat
Morphia Scleroderma
Osteoarthritis
Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid
Essential Tremors
Asthma
Migraines
Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis
PAD Peripheral Artery Disease
Angina and Atrial Fibrillation
Gluten Ataxia
Vitiligo
Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.
Ocular Myastenia Gravis

#3 jaten

jaten

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

Nice!
Good Housekeeping did an article a few months back. I think it featured Alice Bast as well.

Thank you for sharing!

#4 TriticusToxicum

TriticusToxicum

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:11 AM

Here's a link to the featured guests' website. It mentions that celiac disease will get a mention in BOTH Fortune and Money magazines!
http://www.celiaccentral.org/

Fortune and Money magazines to feature celiac disease

"This is a tremendous opportunity to raise awareness for celiac disease! Time Warner has approached NFCA asking us to work on a joint project for celiac disease for two of their publications, FORTUNE and MONEY magazines.

From time to time, FORTUNE and MONEY include special information features on a specific topic. We are pleased and proud to say that their special sections for the November 13th issue of FORTUNE and the December issue of MONEY will be about celiac disease.
Quite naturally, they have asked us for some direction in securing sponsors for advertisements and supporting text. It is unlikely that the Time Warner sales contacts will know about celiac disease or understand why this section is so important. Our goal is to steer these Time Warner sales folks to the right department or to someone will advocate that an ad be placed in this Special Section.

NFCA is reaching out to the celiac community for any help you can give us by forwarding this information to potential corporate sponsors and/or offering to make introductions. The one-page description of the benefits of advertising in this Special Section of FORTUNE and MONEY shown below gives more information about the program.
"
Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05
Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: