3 replies to this topic

#1 dally099

dally099

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:55 AM

i think im goint to go insane, the only thing i ate out of sorts yesterday was a peice of ham and when i read the ingrediants (after i ate it of course) their is soy in it for flavor and the night before last (so friday night) i had a chicken breast after i ran that was also flavored with soy. now i had no reaction friday night, but yesterday after lunch my wrist started to swell up and by last night so was my hand, this morning both my hands and wrists are swollen and itchy! anyone have this type of reaction to just soy? i get hives something feirce sometimes when i accidently get "soyed" ugh this is soooo agrivating. at least with wheat/gluten i get a couple of days before all the reation kicks in, my hubby says maybe its only soy giving me the greif all these months but i doubt that.
the crazy thing is at one time in my life i was a vegetarian (i was pregnent and would get sick from it) now we get our meat from a local farmer who dosnt use antibiotics or growth hormones, so its rather funny that now it bothers me i ate tons of it when i was prego with the oldest, oh well,

anyone else get the swolled hands? and what do you do to bring it down, for the longest time my doc would give me prednisone but ug dont want any more of that ,

Nadine
mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)
all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006
G.F. since Feb 2007
Soy free since April 2007
Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:
Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302
HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502
HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)
carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene
nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

It may not be soy itself, but high protein. That is my experience. However, I've found a magnesium supplement very helpful for increasing nutrient absorption. This has helped with proteins, as well as carbs and fats too. The swelling doesn't usually occur unless I indulge on protein/salt rich foods.
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

#3 wowzer

wowzer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:07 AM

I didn't think about swollen hands to be a symptom of food allergy. I've been gluten free since the beginning of the year. I almost always wake up with swollen hands. Sometimes worse than others, so it makes sense it had to be from what I ate. I so need to get religious about a food diary. Hope you get feeling better. Wendy

#4 dally099

dally099

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

thankfully i dont get this everyday, only once in while, my health has been much better since i went gluten-free in feb, but once in a while i still get the puffy itchy hands once in a while and im sure it is related to something that i eat. i cant wait to get in to the GI and allergist may be they will have some answeres for me,
thanks

Nadine
mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)
all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006
G.F. since Feb 2007
Soy free since April 2007
Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:
Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302
HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502
HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)
carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene
nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: