3 replies to this topic

#1 mdono

mdono

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:06 AM

Traveling to Los Angeles in a couple of weeks. Besides the PF Changs, any suggestions???

Thanks!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mytummyhurts

mytummyhurts

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:53 AM

http://www.kintera.o...K0LjP7E&b=34744

Try this link. It's actually for San Diego specifically, but I'm sure a lot of these restaurants are all over the state.

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:06 AM

Some of those places are not also in LA (and make me wish I lived closer to SD) - though, of course, Outback, PF Changs, and El Pollo Loco are. (They've got a nice little list for Orange County that I'll find useful... that teahouse; I can't believe I haven't been there!!) I've heard that Rubio's can be accomodating. Depending on where in LA you are, this list may also help.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#4 Guest_Addicted2Gluten_*

Guest_Addicted2Gluten_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:17 PM

You definitely have a lot of options in Los Angeles. Practically every place will accomodate the needs of a celiac. I've heard that In N' Out burgers are gluten free (without the bun) along with their french fries. Here are some of the places that I went to:

*King's Road Cafe: Very casual outdoor cafe with a lot of good gluten free salads.

*Les Deux Cafe: A very nice restaurant hidden in a dumpy parking lot. Very expensive but good food. It is organic french country cuisine. A lot of gluten free options and the waiters and waitresses were very aware of celiac disease.

*The Polo Lounge: Excellent place for a celiac. Located inside The Beverly Hills Hotel. They will make anything you want, just tell them your allergies. Let's just say that I went there while I was on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and I had an assortment of great meals everyday without going hungry.

*Nobu: A Japanese Peruvian restaurant with many options. Just make sure you don't get soy sauce on anything.

*The Ivy: very expensive, famous restaurant. The food is great and most things are made gluten free. They are very aware of celiac disease.

*Locanda Veneta: Italian restaurant with many fish and meat entrees to choose from. It is an organic restaurant and they are very accomdating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: