When Should I Try? Help
Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:52 AM
I am concerned b/c I have a 3.5 & 5.5 year old and want another child. We were already supposed to start trying. I read 2 months of Gluten-Free and you could try again. Has anyone heard that? My doctor is saying 5-6 months from now. I know to him that is not a big deal but it is to me. However, if it means not another miscarriage - or other issues then it is worth it. I just don't know if I want to wait and if we "have" to I may be done. I don't want a large span of time b/w kids. I have 2 sisters and we are very close whereas my husband has 2 siblings and they don't even talk about they are 5 years apart. I know each family is different and there are so many stories but I want them to share growing up together. I don't know I am annoyed and confused. He is also saying he wants to do ANOTHER biopsy to check my status after those 5-6 months. Can't he just do another blood screening. I think that is a LITTLE invasive!
Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:37 PM
Your best chance of a healthy pregnancy will be if you are both well-established in the gluten-free diet to minimize your exposure to gluten during pregnancy and also if your gut is well-healed enough to be able to absorb the nutrients you need from your food. This is why there are two good reasons for waiting -- one for establishing yourself on the diet and the other because you can check the intestines for a "status report" to see how well they're doing.
gluten-free since mid-2007.
Symptoms: "IBS," chronic fatigue, chronic pain.
Celiac is a family affair for us; my mom, sister, and one of my sons are gluten free. At least it makes holiday gatherings easier.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users