No replies to this topic

#1 Poppi

Poppi

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

This has a "Gluten Free" label on it at the grocery store so I bought it without really looking at it (dumb, I know).

Then I read the ingredients when I got home and found "Glucose solids (corn or wheat)". That made me nervous so it sat in my cupboard for a few months. Last night I looked it up and found that glucose solids from wheat are considered to be gluten free and so I went ahead and whipped it up for the family. We are moving towards a whole foods diet and trying to use up the processed stuff we've already invested money in.

I had a bowl and last night and this morning have a terrible stomach ache. I feel like I've got barbed wire threaded through my entire digestive system. But I don't feel glutened, there's no brain fog and that's usually my first symptom.

I guess the question is: gluten/wheat reaction? Or just crappy food I shouldn't have put into my body?

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: