2 replies to this topic

#1 cd42

cd42

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

My 5 y.o. was diagnosed last summer with Celiac and as far as we know hasn't been exposed to gluten since that time (although her ttg remains high). Tonight she was extremely exhausted and told me that she didn't feel like walking, barely touched her food and just put herself to bed--she seems sick, but no fever, no runny nose, no symptoms, but extremely tired. Of course, we are worried that this could be an acute response to gluten at school today (she had gluten-free cupcakes at school today, but I worry about cross-contamination), but I haven't heard of this kind of acute response to gluten. Does this sound familiar to anyone or is it just some kind of virus and I'm being paranoid. Any thoughts?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 StephanieL

StephanieL

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

I would hold off for a few days before jumping on the "glutening" train. She could just be tired. Coming down with something. A million things. I know it's hard. Every time my DS looks at me strange I wonder "Is it something he ate?" because that is in the front of my mind. Usually it is just him getting sick or tired or being 5.

Hang in there. Give it a few days. Even if it was something she ate at school there isn't anything you can offer but support at this point anyway.

#3 deb445

deb445

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

It's been a month since you posted - how did everything work out?

Gluten free for 5 years. Dairy free for years, but now OK with grassfed dairy.

Grain free for 2 years and now pain free.

A dedicated kitchen, a new passion for whole foods, Paleo inspiration

BLACK SEED and MSM has made a world of difference.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain..." ~unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: