3 replies to this topic

#1 prairiemamma

prairiemamma

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Do any of you shop online for your none perishables? Seeing I don't have access to alot without going into the city, and when I do, the selection isn't very good and super expensive. I'm hoping I will be able to order different pastas, bread mix, etc online somewhere.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,741 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

Until my local Wegmans started carrying a good number of gluten free baked goods I shopped at the Gluten Free Mall.

http://www.celiac.com/glutenfreemall/
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

This is me on another thread . . . thought I'd save time and just quote myself ;)

There are a couple of items that I buy in bulk to save money but first a few caveats worth mentioning here:

1) You've got to have space to store it.
2) Try it first before you order it online . . . even if it comes highly recommended. Everybody's tastes are different and there is nothing like having a case of something that you don't particularly care for. I learned this the hard way :ph34r:

Some grocery stores will let you buy in bulk and save something like 10%. You would be buying a box/case at a time and the quantity would depend on the product. The grocery store would be able to tell you how much you would have to buy. I'd check there for any refrigerated/freezer type items.

I buy in bulk from Amazon. I get Tinkyada pasta, Glutino Crackers and Pamela's Baking/Pancake mix from them. They have a program called Subscribe and Save which is the same as placing a standing order. You get an additional 15% off of the bulk price and no shipping charges (even if it is under $25). You sign up to receive your order every 1,2,3 or 6 months. They send an email to tell you that they are about to ship so if you still have a lot of product, you can delay/skip a shipment as long as it hasn't shipped yet. You can get into your account if you run out of product early and have it shipped sooner. You can cancel at anytime . . . even after the first shipment. Not all products are available in the program though. I don't think the spaghetti I buy is, but it's still cheaper for me to buy it 12 pounds at a time.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#4 prairiemamma

prairiemamma

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

Thanks so much for the advise. I did check amazon Canada but I didn't see a grocery section. I'll check again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: