Celiac.com 07/07/2018 - Summer means many things, but among them, summer means peaches and fresh salsa. This happy salsa blends roasted tomatoes, peaches, and onion with a dash of jalepeño pepper for a tasty refreshing summertime salsa treat.
- 2-3 8-ounce fresh peaches, pitted and peeled—about 2 cups
- 4-5 medium tomatoes—about 1½ cups
- ½ medium red onion, diced small
- 1 small or ½ large jalapeño or Serrano pepper, stemmed, seeded
- Small handful cilantro
- Juice of 2-3 fresh limes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or more as needed
- Tortilla chips, for serving
In a cast iron skillet or pan, roast 8-10 tomatoes, jalapeño and onion. Add add peach chunks last, Roast tomatoes, pepper, onion, until blackened and soft. Roast peaches until browned, or even a bit charred.
In a blender, combine about 1 cup of roasted tomatoes, peaches, red onion, pepper, cilantro, lime juice and salt, and purée until smooth.
Adjust flavor with additional ingredients or salt, as needed.
Serve with tortilla chips and guacamole, as desired.