Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colleeney

Buspirone And Celiac

Has anyone else been prescribed buspirone? My doctor gave me a prescription to help deal with stress/anxiety for short term issues. I almost feel more anxious. I am in the severe Celiac group and my system is pretty messed up. Can't tell if it's making issues worse or I'd be a total basket case as this is 'working'. Thoughts?

Has anyone else been prescribed buspirone? My doctor gave me a prescription to help deal with stress/anxiety for short term issues. I almost feel more anxious. I am in the severe Celiac group and my system is pretty messed up. Can't tell if it's making issues worse or I'd be a total basket case as this is 'working'. Thoughts?

Hi Colleeney,

I was on Buspirone and Paxil for about 11 years. I have been off both for a couple years now and thankfully, doing very well. When I first was prescribed Buspirone, I felt very strange (and scared with that feeling).  I called the doctor and she lowered my dose because she thought it may be too high for a starting dose. I suggest that you call and described how you are feeling and see if that may be the problem. Good luck and keep us posted. :)

Has anyone else been prescribed buspirone? My doctor gave me a prescription to help deal with stress/anxiety for short term issues. I almost feel more anxious. I am in the severe Celiac group and my system is pretty messed up. Can't tell if it's making issues worse or I'd be a total basket case as this is 'working'. Thoughts?[/quote

I was prescribed buspirone by my doctor and was on it for years. It can take up to 2 weeks for it to build up in your system before you see any benefits. I finally weaned off of it years ago, after they resected my large and small intestines. They also had me in the trial of the drug remicade (you had to become a hopeless case to qualify for the study...unfortunately my case became hopeless) that was about 8 years ago. Remicade is the same drug now known as humira ( which is known to cause lymphoma). Guess who now has non- Hodgkin's lymphoma stage IV. The moment I was diagnosed I asked to be put on buspirone. It looks like I am a miracle case, I just had my last chemo and it is looking like the cancer may be gone. The grapefruit size tumor in my stomach is the size of a raisin which the doctor thinks is just scar tissue. We are just waiting on the results of the bone marrow biopsy to make sure all remnants of cancer is gone.

I would not have made it thru psychologically without the buspirone. Give it a chance to kick in

I forgot to mention that since I went gluten free a number of years ago, I have had no further damage to my intestines. I firmly believe that celiac disease left untreated can turn into Crohn's disease, which is what I had