Mokey41

Are These Symptoms?

Rate this topic

Just wondering if anyone can help me confirm my symptoms.  I've been lactose intolerant for over 30 years so a lot of these things over lap but I'm pretty careful with dairy most of the time.

I've had urge incontinence for a couple years along with some minor digestive issues off and on ie:  flatulence, loose stools, bloating.  I lived with it because the meds they wanted to give me for the incontinence sounded horrid with side effects.  In September I had some dental work and took penicillin for 10 days.  By the end of the 10 days I was experiencing horrible abdominal cramps, diarrhea with a lot of mucus and generally feeling miserable.  I thought it might be the antibiotics messing me up so I started taking probiotics which seemed to help a bit.

A couple weeks later I started getting a sharp pain in my lower right side that would progress to all the way across my abdomen with lots of mucusy, fluffy? pale bowel movements.  Sometimes it would just be a lot of gas and mucus. 

At that point I went to see my doctor who told me all the types of cancer I could have, sent me off to the lab for bloodwork, gave me a colon cancer test kit and said he would schedule a CT scan (which hasn't happened yet).  I came home still miserable, in pain and confused.

The pains would come and go and it started radiating into my back as well.  I went to an Italian dinner and had pasta, had a pancake the next morning for breakfast then went out for lunch and had a whole wheat clubhouse sandwich.  By late afternoon I was rolled in a ball hoping I'd die soon.  That's when it hit me that I'd eaten a lot of wheat products and maybe there was some relation.

I immediately stopped eating anything with gluten and it's only been five days but I feel about 75% better.  I'm having fewer BM's, the mucus is less, the urge incontinency has almost gone, there's minimal cramping but I still have this pain in my side and back.  It's subsiding to not be the hot poker pain it was but it's still there and flares up.  Funny thing is I have no pain when I'm sleeping!

Does any of this sound like what you all experience?  I'm going to head back to the doctors but I'd like some ammunition when I go so he doesn't blow me off as that crazy woman dreaming things up.  I'm sure if I don't have cancer he's going to be disappointed.

I suggest you be tested for celiac disease, but it could false negative if you are not eating gluten.  Yes, many have dairy intolerance, bloating, and bowel problems.  I saw bloating for 30 years.  I was told it was all in my head or weight gain!  I hope you will soon have a definitive diagnosis and be on the road to recovery,

D