Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ezgoindude

Almond Butter Recalls - Trader Joes Almond Butter Fail - 2014 Updates

Im really hoping Trader Joes brings back their usual gluten free raw, crunchy almond butter, as I walked into the store today and was stuck saying to myself, crap....

Now I know they just pushed on the news all almond butter with experations from I think Dec 2014 to July 2015 were recalled for possible salmonella, goes for Whole foods and MaraNatha? almond butters....

However,  it looks like they've replaced them with an entirely new product.....

They no longer have any product that lists no gluten product inside, or even if they almonds have been cross contaminated with peanuts or tree nuts (like the old brand had).  One of them ins't even 100% almonds, but has cashews snuck inside (can't have those, get too gassy)

I had to have something for my smoothies, I grabbed the 100% roasted almond butter and currently giving that a try, I'll update this post if my body disagrees, lol.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Dear god yes lol, I have a corn allergy and the starch is hit miss if it triggers a reaction, but they could also be from rice, or tapioca....seriously they need to go the route of many shampoos/body washes that list the chemical/ingredient...
    since they just say "food starch" they could have made it from a cows arse for all i know. they need to just say what it comes from every time lol
    Here is the interpretation chart he sent me and yes I have 2 kids in which their pediatrician said they didn’t need to be tested unless they show symptoms which goes against everything I have read about symptoms being silent etc.... Is i...