Rate this topic

I had just read of Sami's bakery not being gluten free.  Honestly, I'm from North Dakota so I am not familiar with Sami's bakery.  However, there is a certified gluten-free bakery in Fargo, ND that I and a celiac friend of mine that go to regularly for the goodies that are considered hands-off due to gluten.  The store's name is Mehl's gluten free bakery.  They now have a website by the address www.mehlsflour.com. Haven't tried their mixes yet, but I plan to go the local grocery stores to take a peek.  Last week, I had the first cupcake for ages it seemed and it tasted wonderful.  On the website, it has the different locations they ship out to.  Most of the stores they ship to is Mid-western and Eastern coast, so I guess you could say they have gone nationwide now.

8 minutes ago, cstark said:

I had just read of Sami's bakery not being gluten free.  Honestly, I'm from North Dakota so I am not familiar with Sami's bakery.  However, there is a certified gluten-free bakery in Fargo, ND that I and a celiac friend of mine that go to regularly for the goodies that are considered hands-off due to gluten.  The store's name is Mehl's gluten free bakery.  They now have a website by the address www.mehlsflour.com. Haven't tried their mixes yet, but I plan to go the local grocery stores to take a peek.  Last week, I had the first cupcake for ages it seemed and it tasted wonderful.  On the website, it has the different locations they ship out to.  Most of the stores they ship to is Mid-western and Eastern coast, so I guess you could say they have gone nationwide now.

This part is confusing to me. " for the goodies that are considered hands-off due to gluten."  Is that a typo or are you eating goodies with gluten?  Worded oddly?

Edited by kareng

Just now, kareng said:

This part is confusing to me. " for the goodies that are considered hands-off due to gluten."  Is that a typo or are you eating goodies with gluten?

What I meant by it being "hands-off" is that the foods that normally have gluten are made gluten-free at this bakery having the taste and texture of its glutenized cousin.