This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Fourty Something Women

Guest Floridian

VydorScope Proficient
Vincent, I LOVE curly hair! That's the only good thing my husband gave the kids, their curls :blink: . Only one daughter (go figure, the one who is just like him) has my straight hair. My son has longish, curly hair and looks so nice! I agree with Carla, why don't you have it like Timothy (except for the gorgeous red colour, of course ;) )?

His is MUCH curly then mine.... I am considering a royal purple streak though, jsut for fun :)

Broncobucs is going to be here for a wedding and that is why we are meeting for lunch. I finally get to meet his girlfriend.

Vincent, I don't remember my haircut in 7th grade, but I do remember the haircut in the 6th. I was complaining that I needed a haircut and my brother who was 6 years older then me, said he would cut it. He sure did. I went to school with a DA and that afternoon a notice came from the principal that said, if anyone came to school with another one, they would be suspended. I wore mine proudly for awhile, as I was usually not a rebel, but wanted everyone's approval.

Whats a DA?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply
happygirl Collaborator

Anyone watching Grey's? I LOVE THIS SHOW! Speaking of good hair....why do they all have great hair even in the hospital?!

I love Meredith's big scene at the end when she tells them what is on her mind....and then takes the ice cream.

Mmmm....McDreamy, McSteamy, and Ice Cream-y. Mmmmm good combo. Yummy.

(rachel, happy to have you over here. I invited myself as well. Since we are not forty ish, we became "ish"s. I'm in my 20s so I'm an ish ish)

jerseyangel Proficient
:D Laura--I've been watching it--posting on commercials! You're right about the hair--no matter what, it looks good :lol:
Mango04 Enthusiast
Anyone watching Grey's? I LOVE THIS SHOW! Speaking of good hair....why do they all have great hair even in the hospital?!

I love Meredith's big scene at the end when she tells them what is on her mind....and then takes the ice cream.

Mmmm....McDreamy, McSteamy, and Ice Cream-y. Mmmmm good combo. Yummy.

(rachel, happy to have you over here. I invited myself as well. Since we are not forty ish, we became "ish"s. I'm in my 20s so I'm an ish ish)

I'm so jealous of all you people who get to watcy Grey's. So not fair. I actually read the writer's blog thought so I know whats going on. How sad is that? :ph34r::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Laura, I just watched it, too. Loved it!

Since 40 is the new 30, or is it 50 is the new 30, which makes 40 the new 20, you're just a baby!!! :lol: But it's good to have you here!!

Homemade ice cream ... good thing Rachel wasn't there! :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
I'm so jealous of all you people who get to watcy Grey's. So not fair. I actually read the writer's blog thought so I know whats going on. How sad is that? :ph34r::lol:

Sorry Mango :(

Ursa Major Collaborator
His is MUCH curly then mine.... I am considering a royal purple streak though, jsut for fun :)

Whats a DA?

Oh, still, wavy is nice, too.

Yeah, Armetta, what's a DA?

Oh, to my new Avatar: My son is not short (6 feet), my daughter-in-law is tall!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

I just made another batch of my 'ice cream' --- not ice cream at all, but its my only version of a cold/sweet treat. Will be ready by the morning. Yay!

Patti, my next avatar (which we be in like five months when I get things unpacked!) will be of one of my cats, Sully---the one that looks very similar to yours. Usually when I post I have either Toby or Sully, or both!) in/on my lap/arm... so sweet.

Now, onto ER....i love Thursday nights!

jerseyangel Proficient
I just made another batch of my 'ice cream' --- not ice cream at all, but its my only version of a cold/sweet treat. Will be ready by the morning. Yay!

Patti, my next avatar (which we be in like five months when I get things unpacked!) will be of one of my cats, Sully---the one that looks very similar to yours. Usually when I post I have either Toby or Sully, or both!) in/on my lap/arm... so sweet.

You'll have to let me know your "ice cream" recipe! We have just about the same exact intolerances, so I'm curious :D

I look forward to seeing your kitties--mine is laying on the floor next to me right now. :)

Oh, to my new Avatar: My son is not short (6 feet), my daughter-in-law is tall!

Ursula, your son looks like you! They are a nice looking couple :)

A "DA" is a hairstyle from the 50's.

AndreaB Contributor

I love animal pictures and people pictures!

Very nice picture of you son and daughter in law Ursula.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

oh my god - - oh my god - - JUST CLOSED EYES when seeing a Gray's Anatomy post - skipped through it - - Remember dear ones on the east coast - we are on west coast time - - it's not on yet - - oh dear just please try and remember not to post any gray's stuff until - 1:00 a.m. your time!! :lol::o:huh:

now must stay off the board until my show is over......

edit: am eating the BEST bread - Whole Paycheck Sandwich bread - sooo good and I"m pleased, since I splurged (like, 7-something a loaf, for pete's sake) FYI - -

you know, back when I was eating gluten, and life was NORMAL, I ate the gnarliest of whole wheats....who knew I"d be eating white sandwich bread :(

oh my gosh....I have been watching ER for as long as it's been on, which I think is one-fourth of my life!! holy cow....it's really good this season, too..... :) Yes, Thurs nights are my TV night.....also The Office - excellent goofiness :lol:

Guest melannen

I want to play too! (Even though I'm only half way to 40ish) :ph34r:

I wish I could ask for hair advice, I hate mine, sooo sick of it! But I have no way to upload pictures from my camera to my computer and don't have any recent ones :(

I'm not really feeling the whole Gray's Anatomy thing. My sister's obsessed, but I guess I just don't get it :unsure:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I want to play too! (Even though I'm only half way to 40ish) :ph34r:

I wish I could ask for hair advice, I hate mine, sooo sick of it! But I have no way to upload pictures from my camera to my computer and don't have any recent ones :(

I'm not really feeling the whole Gray's Anatomy thing. My sister's obsessed, but I guess I just don't get it :unsure:

Yes, join us, young one....the thread is misleading, anyone can play :)

Okay, go rent season one, Gray's anatomy - - when I was really sick, before dx and laying on the couch, I watched the first five episodes and was totally hooked. now I am deeply in love with McDreamy and he has replaced my 15-year Matthew McConnaughey obsession.....

Guest melannen
Yes, join us, young one....the thread is misleading, anyone can play :)

Okay, go rent season one, Gray's anatomy - - when I was really sick, before dx and laying on the couch, I watched the first five episodes and was totally hooked. now I am deeply in love with McDreamy and he has replaced my 15-year Matthew McConnaughey obsession.....

Thanks, I figured it's be ok :lol:

As far as Gray's Anatomy goes, I don't actually know much about the show. Sometimes when my sister watches it I'll half-way pay attention. She's told me it's like House (which I love but can never watch, I'm always gone on tuesday nights :angry:) except a bit more like a soap. Other then that, I'm clueless

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I watched Gray's.... but couldn't concentrate because I was worried about Robbin... good gaawwwdd girl what the heck did you eat to make you puke?

what are you talking about?? did I miss that, on the Gray's Anatomy page? did she vomit? :blink:

Guest Robbin

:blink::angry: OMGAWWWDDD!!! Do you have to tell EVERYTHING YOU KNOW GIRLFRIEND???!! Yes, I puked, yes, I am freaking feeling like dog doo, and yes, the john is my friend tonight. Ok, now the world knows--I ate some PORK tenderloin like a fool. I make foods that picky child will eat and had to try it. Yes, I deserve my punishment because I knew what might happen. I was gonna make chicken soup with matzo balls that fiddle faddle posted, but no, dh and ds voted tenderloin. GEEEESHHH!!!

Quick on-topic-question-- Is it ok for a forty-something woman to oooogle a 30-something man if said man is a perfect stranger working on a construction site in public baring oh so nice abs and perfect tan? Just wondering in case that might ever happen.......

Yeah, that is weird, matzo soup or pork, now that I noticed that. Geesh, I am weird, huh?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Quick on-topic-question-- Is it ok for a forty-something woman to oooogle a 30-something man if said man is a perfect stranger working on a construction site in public baring oh so nice abs and perfect tan? Just wondering in case that might ever happen.......

Yeah, that is weird, matzo soup or pork, now that I noticed that. Geesh, I am weird, huh?

first question - absolutely

second question - quite possibly

:P

Guest melannen

I don't see a problem with that :lol:

I like to oogle 30-somethings too :D

Guest Robbin
:lol::lol::lol: I forgot to say that "said construction worker" could have long, long blond hair and gorgeous arms too, does that make a difference? This is hypothetical of course.......
DingoGirl Enthusiast
:lol::lol::lol: I forgot to say that "said construction worker" could have long, long blond hair and gorgeous arms too, does that make a difference? This is hypothetical of course.......

well, to be honest, I"m not sure because now he's starting to sound like Fabio - and he scares me :lol::ph34r::lol:

just saw this rap commercial on TV, about Pepto Bismol - - "upset stomach.....blah blah blah.....diarrhea!"

with people dancing adn rapping....

[in a Beavis voice] heh heh....they said....diarrhea!!

Rikki Tikki Explorer

OOGLE AND GOOGLE! :D

Guest Robbin

:blink::blink: Oh, no, no not Fabio, more like rock star-maybe kinda Jon Bon Jovi--ish. Not that I look too close of course while going out of my way to the grocery store every day -sometimes twice- er, I mean if I would do that....

Omg, that commercial... too crazy, cracked me up the first time I saw it.

So, when did this Fabio phobia start, girlfriend??

btw, girls, I saw in the grocery line the headlines on the mags---JOHNNY DEPP TIED THE KNOT!!! Why was this not on CNN????

DingoGirl Enthusiast

JON BON JOVI????? oh Lordy yes, go for it and oogle for me too.....I am deeply in love with JBJ also....forgot about him (not in love with his music, though, just him)...

Fabio Phobia....happened the first time I saw him, I think, but esp. when that poor goose (was it one of ours, from OMG??) hit him in the nose on the rollercoaster....

AndreaB Contributor

This square peg always enjoy reading everyone's posts......just don't have much to contribute. :(

Guest Robbin
This square peg always enjoy reading everyone's posts......just don't have much to contribute. :(

Andrea, Andrea, don't you know? You are a round peg, WE ARE THE WEIRD SQUARE ONES!!! You are normal, and we love you for your sanity, lol.

Now, omg, Fabio got hit in the nose with a goose on a rollercoaster???? Is this the start of a joke?? What is the punchline, lol. :lol: ??

Edit: Good night girls, gotta literally goooo. See ya tomorrow.

Archived