Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Susan_in_NC

Erwin, Tn

Hello to everyone! We are planning to take a whitewater rafting trip on the nolichucky in a couple of weeks. Went a few years ago (2000) before Dx and loved it. This time will take our son and possibly his girlfriend with us. The rafting co. does a lunch, so will plan on supplementing that as it is sandwiches, fruit and cookies, not gluten-free. I've tried to do a gluten-free resturant search in the area and didn't turn out any results. I did see that a smokee bones is in a nearby town, but did not see a gluten-free menu on their site (they were on a gluten-free list for resturants on another link).

Is anyone familiar with this area and able to make recommendations?

Thanks

Susan

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

B) Well, I had hoped to get SOME advise for this area. But, as things have turned out -- I survived. I did want to make a note for anyone who happens along and needs info on this area that it is managable. Of course they do have all the major chains for fast food (Wendy's etc.) but the absolute highlight for my trip was the Manager at Logan's Steakhouse. This chain was a favorite of my husband. The resturant in Johnson City was one he visited numerous times on business (telecommunications). Anyway, the manager upon first approach said "I know just what you are talking about and "YOU REALLY CANNOT EAT HERE, there is absolutely nothing I would call safe on the menu." Turns out he as worked at another "chain" resturant that did a gluten-free menu. Well, I expressed how much my family lovedLogans, esp the husband and he said "Let me see what I can do for you" :D , and so he went into the kitchen and instructed and supervised the chef/kitchen staff and prepared a lovely gluten-free dinner just for me.

So, while Logan's has not as a chain acknowledged the need to address gluten-free needs (or any other allergies -- Peanuts everywhere!) at least there is one location within this chain that will provide assistance.

Susan

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Having a topical reaction to wheat is an allergic reaction, not a Celiac reaction. If you have DH, the skin version of Celiac, you would have to ingest gluten to cause the skin eruption. But Kareng is correct.....these two items are so hig...
    This particular flare was due to mast cell activation syndrome and SIBO. Celiac symptoms vary by individual, so don’t measure your experience with anyone else’s. You are not well and you feel it.    The bone broth I use is Kettle and Fi...
    After reading all this, my symptoms are not even 10% of what you went through and im glad you figured it out. I tried home made bone broth for few weeks but didnt notice much difference. How are these collagen supplement? Do i need to take...