Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lauderdalehawk44

How Can I Gain Weight?

I am also very new to the website, still working with the dr's on a diagnosis. Anyways, I saw you mentioned Ensure and I just wanted to add the vanilla one is really good...you may want to mix fruit in it if you have a blender available...they have a slight peanut butter aftertaste that I'm thinking fruit would ease. My dr suggested I add this to my diet when I mentioned I wanted to gain some weight back from being sick. (I'm 5'3" and was at 93lbs now at 95lbs in two weeks.) This was before we started the Celiac testing, so I hope they're on the gluten-free diet.

Join eNewsletter

I am also very new to the website, still working with the dr's on a diagnosis. Anyways, I saw you mentioned Ensure and I just wanted to add the vanilla one is really good...you may want to mix fruit in it if you have a blender available...they have a slight peanut butter aftertaste that I'm thinking fruit would ease. My dr suggested I add this to my diet when I mentioned I wanted to gain some weight back from being sick. (I'm 5'3" and was at 93lbs now at 95lbs in two weeks.) This was before we started the Celiac testing, so I hope they're on the gluten-free diet.

Yes they are gluten-free. In the beginning I had one every day for the first month or so on the diet. My choices were choclate or strawberry.

Tom

Join eNewsletter

MY two year old has not gained any weight since march of 2005. She is very healthy and very active she has been gluten free since april of this year and casein free since may. She seems to have the possibility of other food sensitivities but I can not afford to have her tested. I know eggs make me nauseous. I try to give Aimee eggs but she just eats a few bites and doesn't want any more. I suspect soy may be a culprit too. I am having trouble keeping food in general, much less the things I could order on line. Aimee is, as I said, active. Even if lying around growing were an option for her it would be a joke. I am asking here because the topic is weight gain. Does anyone have suggestions for my babe?

At age two it is nearly impossible to keep her gluten free (I'm guessing). I say that because she will put her hand in her mouth no matter where we are or what she may have touched. I can't put her in day care or even send her to someone else's house so I have to work somewhere where she can go. My husband is soon to be my ex. So Aimee has been going with me to clean these luxury cabins but I cringe when i think of the gluten that has been there. I try to just keep her hands clean . I feel like I need a bubble. Oh yeah, the doctor recommends that she nurse until she is at least three ( I don't mind that) I have the same sensitivities as Aimee so being on the same diet is no problem. Other than the fact that the diet itself is a problem.

Any ideas?

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter