Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

katiegirl

Good Questions To Ask Dietician?

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease. When I was diagnosed, my doctor also had me make an appt to see their in house dietician. Since my diagnosis I have done a ton of research on the internet and read some books so I feel pretty knowledgeable now about what celiac is and what are safe and forbidden foods.

I have my appt at the end of this week with the dietician but I was just wondering if I should prep in anyway, e.g. any recommendations of questions to make sure I ask? There was a long waiting time to get in to see her so I want to make sure I don't forget anything, but I don't know what to expect from her, if anything. As a newbie to this is there anything you think it is key I cover with her or does it all just vary from person to person?

Thanks in advance!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

By now you have probably had your visit and I hope it was a successful and benefical one for you. I would be interested in hearing your experience. I am sorry that no one responded to your question which I thought was a very good one.

As mentioned here there are some R.D.s more knowledgable and helpful, however, we are all striving to get updated. Support groups and this forum are a wonderful venue for information.

There is also a website glutenfreedietitan.com I have not visited but the RD also has celiac disease, so, that puts her at the top of my list. Good luck

Marilyn McCall, RD.LD

Iowa

mccallmk@crstlukes.com

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter