Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Wednesday when I was trolling around I noticed no one had posted for THREE WHOLE DAYS!!!. I was like, this would never have been allowed to happen if love2travel was home. We're all happy to have you back!

Tonight I used up all my energy making butter, so just leftover pork and apple cole slaw.

Well, I suppose that's half a lie about how I used up all my energy. I went shopping for new jeans that fit. I need to figure out how to appropriately fit whole milk into my diet now though since I can't buy 2% raw milk before I just blow right back up like a hippo.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

I have gone "primal" now--- to try and alleviate inflammation, so I made:

Roasted pork loin

Garlicky sweet potato fries

Spinach salad

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

i heard that 2% is better for ya because your body digests it better than nonfat. Don't know if its true or not. I drink 2%.

at any rate, leftovers for me.

I think the opposite might be true. But if you need calories, whole milk is even better., Its still only 4% fat.

We are having Minksys pizza tonight. I'm having "Nature's Choice" -Artichoke hearts, zucchini, green peppers, mushrooms and onions, topped with sliced tomatoes and slivered almonds.

Seasonal for us.... and fresh from the Sound - Baked Rock Fish (Stripped Bass) covered with bacon with roasted potatoes, carrotts, onions and celery.

Everything is better with bacon! :D

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

And its always in season!

You got it girl! :rolleyes: We went to our local restaurant last night and a friend ordered a side of bacon - he got it and I ate half. :huh:

Lisa

You got it girl! :rolleyes: We went to our local restaurant last night and a friend ordered a side of bacon - he got it and I ate half. :huh:

Do not tell my son - who has a t shirt ' If bacon grew on trees, I would be a vegetarian" that you can get a side of bacon at dinner, too!

I have never met anyone who did not like bacon. Really.

Bacon is yummy.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

Ahhhhhh,,,bacon -- I think I'd be shot if I stopped the flow of bacon to my men! Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and snacks - there is no bad time for BACON :P

"Bibity Bopity Baaacon!"

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Milk is complicated for me right now because of iodine. I found an organic farm that sells whole raw milk I can safely have. The issue is I'm jumping from 2% to full fat milk so it's a calorie increase so I'm worried about my new jeans staying a good fit! I'll figure it out. Supper was super yummy.

MMMMM!!!!!! Bacon!! I can't wait to start having bacon again. I need to find an organic pig farm now that makes bacon that's safe for me.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

"Bibity Bopity Baaacon!"

:lol:

We loved the time Red had to stop eating bacon on "That 70s Show "and Eric kept eating it in front of him and taunting him with it..."mm,,,ba-con"--emphasis on the second syllable, as if he were French.

Thanks to all this bacon chatter, tonight's dinner:

Maple mustard chicken thighs with carmelized onion and BACON.

Baked acorn squash

we'll skip the side of bacon with dinner (as we are also having bacon in the crustless quiche cups for lunch).

Oink.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Roast chicken and all the veg. I'm wondering now about adding bacon on top ;)

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!

- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol

- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.

- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.

- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)

- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein hidsmile2t.gif

I'm wondering now about adding bacon on top ;)

Sound like a wonderful idea!

Lisa

Roast chicken and all the veg. I'm wondering now about adding bacon on top ;)

Do it! Do it! Ba-con! Ba-con! (just a little bit o'yankee peer pressure, MW....)

All I can think of is Lord of the Flies now.....

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Oh no, I'm gonna have to cave... Baaaacoonnn :o

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!

- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol

- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.

- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.

- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)

- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein hidsmile2t.gif

Oh no, I'm gonna have to cave... Baaaacoonnn :o

no, no, no

repeat after me

"OH Yes! I am eating baaaacon" :D

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

No bacon here tonight, darn it! <_< But I made some superb creamy chicken and rice soup. Will also be making sauteed mushrooms with sherry glaze. And some more cornbread from last night.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

You guys are a bad influence.

:ph34r: come to the dark side, Luke....there's Baa-Con!!!!

I forgot to add---- I made a dessert

Elana Amsterdam's Pumpkin Bars

"LTES"  Gem 2014

No bacon here tonight, darn it! <_< But I made some superb creamy chicken and rice soup. Will also be making sauteed mushrooms with sherry glaze. And some more cornbread from last night.

Those sherried mushrooms are just ridiculously good aren't they?

(I just pictured Shroomie with a glass of sherry in her hand...but I digress. Must be ba-con head)

So happy to see you "home" and sharing your drool -worthy menu once more..

"LTES"  Gem 2014

:ph34r: come to the dark side, Luke....there's Baa-Con!!!!

I forgot to add---- I made a dessert

Elana Amsterdam's Pumpkin Bars

Are they good? Was thinking about doing that with butternut squash today!

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Are they good? Was thinking about doing that with butternut squash today!

I'll taste one for you right now..they should be cool....hold on, kiddo............

mmmff sorry mouf full....Yes ma'am!!. :) moist, sweet, yummy. I'd go for it, Bunz, Let me know how it is with squash.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

I had... Pizza!!111!!1Onety-one.

Ok, the crust looked and tasted like a giant round cracker, because it didn't grow and became fluffy like actual pizza, though it tasted well enough and it wasn't bad to eat. It just didn't feel like pizza. But it's gluten free and dairy-free, not to mention the healthiest thing I could find, so it's definitely a treat I will keep in my pantry.

Lactose free: 8/6/2006

Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012

Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).