Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Peanut butter and honey on a rice cake with steamed carrots.

I fell asleep on the couch on accident (so didn't plan it) and forgot to lay some meat out. I did remember to run the dishwasher though.

That would just be a little snack for me - my stomach seems to be a bottomless hole! :lol:

I had pot roast tonight too. I had a roast (not pot roast though :( ) two nights ago. If it is a condition I have it pretty bad. I hope there is no cure and I am okay with it worsening over time. I had a baked potato and carrots with mine. Slathered that tater with fresh butter from raw milk. Slathered everything else in copious amounts of gravy.

Following this with a fat old slice of chocolate cake with chocolate mint icing in a bit. No nuts, beans, regular dairy, whole eggs? No problem!

I'll try to make a chinese beef thingy with chopped beef, onions, gluten-free soy sauce (for realz), black pepper, garlic and carrots.

Grain free diet is working very well insofar, and I still got to eat tons of yummy stuff, and I go throughout the day with my stomach flat as a ruler. The constipation has not yet resolved completely, but I will wait and see.

Corn Gnocchi with White Wine and Shallot Sauce

Raw Cucumber with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette

Kiwi

i'm planning on adding cabbage and carrots to it (i do eat other veggies btw, broccoli, squash, califlower, ect, but i adore this combo and its kinda cheap eats).

I'm proud of myself. By 3:30 i had the meat cut up, browned, and the stalk going. Yay! So i'll be able to eat dinner at a decent time.

I'm drinking raw milk because it isn't contaminated with iodine. Other than that I am dairy free. I already know how to make my own butter thanks to being a farm girl but I'm cheese free until I learn to make some. Lucky me the store I buy my milk at is having a cheese making class tonight. I'm such a cheese addict. I've always suspected I have a dairy issue because it makes me gassy, but this raw milk doesn't. Raw milk also contains lactase, which processed milk doesn't. So I guess there is my answer, I am lactose intolerant. I suppose I'll have to stick with raw milk for life. Oh woe is me. :lol:

I'm clarifying my statement. I don't mean to say all raw milk or anything like that. I simply mean the raw milk that I am able to buy isn't contaminated with iodine. I don't want someone to wander along, read this and think gee, raw milk is iodine free and go buy some that isn't. It simply isn't true of all raw milk.

Edited by Adalaide

A betadine wash is generally used to clean the cows. It doesn't hurt anything to just leave it on them, and so that is what happens. The diary I use washes the cows twice to get it off of them. I was shocked that this was something I didn't know before having grown up in a close knit farming community in PA. Of course, many there simply have very small farms and sell raw milk also so maybe they don't do it.

Chicken salads tonight. I'm thinking I may make my husband grab me a can of pumpkin on his way home and we'll make some pumpkin milkshakes. Not exactly first measurable snow fare, but its what I planned without checking weather reports.