Rate this topic

I saw this on the news this morning and thought this a nice way to support our fallen and wounded warriors. Just in case others might be interested I thought I would give some info and a link to their website. They must be being slammed with orders this morning as the site was quite slow but with patience I was able to order mine.

http://www.battlesaint.com/intrepid.html

"$1 from each battlesaint.com bracelet purchase will be donated to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. Our goal was to keep the price of the bracelet very affordable, commit to a $1 donation, and allow more people to be involved in this project. Information on the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund and the amazing work they are doing in support of our service members is shown below. Additional donations are accepted on The Intrepid Fallen Heroes website (link below), if desired.

Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund

The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund was established officially as an independent not-for-profit organization in 2003. Through 2005, the Fund provided close to $20 million to families of United States military personnel lost in performance of their duty, mostly in service in Iraq and Afghanistan. All payments were coordinated with the casualty offices of the Armed Forces, to ensure that all families received these benefits. In 2005 federal legislation substantially increased the benefits granted to these families. With the needs of these families now being supported much more substantially, the Fund turned to the next area of the military community needing help: our wounded warriors."