Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laurie H

Very Angry

That article was awful!!! And the responses were even worse. What a bunch of misinformation! I wish there was some way to take it down. I hate to think that someone could read that and spread that sort of misinformation around. I shudder to think what my mother or mother-in-law would have to say if they read that. I'd never hear the end of how my son could be "cured" by NOT eating gluten-free!

Horrible!!!

That is a scary thought - these trendy people that were only following the diet because it's the latest fad, decide they would actually prefer to eat wheat. They're not really gluten-intolerant, so when they return to it, declare themselves "cured".

I've already got that from a colleague - oh yes, he also used to have issues with wheat, but it has since "gone away". I just smiled, nodded and said "That might be your case, I don't think I'll be able to eat it again though...".

For the OP - I agreed with the blogger about protein shakes, but I know I don't have any medical basis for that - I just think it's gross eating fake food. I noticed she often didn't have references for her information, a sure sign someone is just spewing nonsense. Oh, and mis-quoting/massaging info in books, that's just classy. Her information on gluten "allergies" and celiac being "healable" is hilarious and saddening.

Good one on that comment, I also though it was brilliant - the medical community would like to know indeed! :D

Wow...just Wow...you actually know a person who declared themselves "cured" when they wanted to be a glutenoid again. That chills me to the bone. I think it's coming, We're going to have masses of former trendy fakers of the gluten allergy, intolerance, and sensitive world declare themselves "cured" :o