This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

:( Almost 5 Months!

hilarypf

hilarypf Newbie

I've been sick for like almost 5 months now. The first day I was sick was August 14, 2011. I get really nauseous, SUPER bloated and bad gas after I eat certain foods. I'm really annoyed because the doctor has done a blood test, and an ultra sound on me to see if I have bacteria or gall stones. She doesn't think I have an ulcer or anything to that extent because I haven't been having any other symptoms that can signify that (my bowel movements are normal). I'm starting to think maybe it's a gluten intolerance or allergy and I'm REALLY annoyed because I won't be able to test for it for a couple weeks (I've been needing to find out the answer since August so hopefully it's understandable as to why I'm so impatient!). I just want to know other people's stories if they have experiences like mine. Sometimes vomiting, nauseous, SUPER bloated (I have never felt this bloated before; way worse than typical "that time of the month" bloating) and burping a lot after i eat. It's super annoying because all these tests I have taken have come out normal. No abnormalities, no gallstones, no bacteria.

Here are a few things I have thrown up/gotten really sick after:

-Soup from Corner Bakery

-Panini/ Sandwich from Corner Bakery/Panera Bread

-Burger(s)

-Chipotle (Just had it right now and feel really sick :( Never have felt sick after eating this before.)

-Popcorn

-French Toast

-Burrito

Probably more I can't think of.

Any tips to hang in there until I can get more tests done?! I'm SO frustrated :/ I used to have such a big appetite and I used to be able to eat anything. I miss my old tummy. I literally woke up one morning and just started throwing up. :(

Idk if this helps.

But I am 20 years old, female, 5'1 and about 115 pounds. NEVER EVER BEEN SICK BEFORE :( I was the healthiest person ever :(

I've been tested for

-Gallstones

-"H. Pylori AB IGG"

-"H. Pylori AB IGA"

-"H. Pylori AB IGM"

have no idea what that means :/ The doctor doesn't think I have IBS or Ulcers because I don't have enough symptoms I guess! The only weird poops I have is when my poops feel "sharp." And I don't have hemorrhoids (I was tested for that too -___-) so idk why it feels sharp sometimes?

Sorry TMI.

I'm just a frustrated used-to-always-be-healthy/never-got-sick 20 year old college student! My sickness even conflicted with my studies last quarter :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

researchmomma Contributor

I've been sick for like almost 5 months now. The first day I was sick was August 14, 2011. I get really nauseous, SUPER bloated and bad gas after I eat certain foods. I'm really annoyed because the doctor has done a blood test, and an ultra sound on me to see if I have bacteria or gall stones. She doesn't think I have an ulcer or anything to that extent because I haven't been having any other symptoms that can signify that (my bowel movements are normal). I'm starting to think maybe it's a gluten intolerance or allergy and I'm REALLY annoyed because I won't be able to test for it for a couple weeks (I've been needing to find out the answer since August so hopefully it's understandable as to why I'm so impatient!). I just want to know other people's stories if they have experiences like mine. Sometimes vomiting, nauseous, SUPER bloated (I have never felt this bloated before; way worse than typical "that time of the month" bloating) and burping a lot after i eat. It's super annoying because all these tests I have taken have come out normal. No abnormalities, no gallstones, no bacteria.

Here are a few things I have thrown up/gotten really sick after:

-Soup from Corner Bakery

-Panini/ Sandwich from Corner Bakery/Panera Bread

-Burger(s)

-Chipotle (Just had it right now and feel really sick :( Never have felt sick after eating this before.)

-Popcorn

-French Toast

-Burrito

Probably more I can't think of.

Any tips to hang in there until I can get more tests done?! I'm SO frustrated :/ I used to have such a big appetite and I used to be able to eat anything. I miss my old tummy. I literally woke up one morning and just started throwing up. :(

Idk if this helps.

But I am 20 years old, female, 5'1 and about 115 pounds. NEVER EVER BEEN SICK BEFORE :( I was the healthiest person ever :(

I've been tested for

-Gallstones

-"H. Pylori AB IGG"

-"H. Pylori AB IGA"

-"H. Pylori AB IGM"

have no idea what that means :/ The doctor doesn't think I have IBS or Ulcers because I don't have enough symptoms I guess! The only weird poops I have is when my poops feel "sharp." And I don't have hemorrhoids (I was tested for that too -___-) so idk why it feels sharp sometimes?

Sorry TMI.

I'm just a frustrated used-to-always-be-healthy/never-got-sick 20 year old college student! My sickness even conflicted with my studies last quarter :(

Welcome to the forum. I am new here as well. I am not sure if this helps but you could call your doctor and say that you have symptoms of Celiac or Gluten Intolerance and see if they will run the blood test before you come to the office. You need the full Celiac panel. I had trouble getting for my daughter because she is gene negative for Celiac (you don't have to have the genes it is just rare to have Celiac without the genes). Anyway, I ordered them myself at www.ineedlabs.com However, you have to pay upfront and it is 200 bucks but your insurance might cover it. I would start with the doctor office first and tell them you would like to make the appt meaningful. As some wise person on this board said, remember that the doctor works for you. If you ask for a lab test, they should give it to you.

Does anyone in your family have Celiac or gluten intolerance? This isn't a requirement to have Celiacs but it helps the argument for blood tests now.

Good luck and keep me posted.

hilarypf Newbie

Welcome to the forum. I am new here as well. I am not sure if this helps but you could call your doctor and say that you have symptoms of Celiac or Gluten Intolerance and see if they will run the blood test before you come to the office. You need the full Celiac panel. I had trouble getting for my daughter because she is gene negative for Celiac (you don't have to have the genes it is just rare to have Celiac without the genes). Anyway, I ordered them myself at www.ineedlabs.com However, you have to pay upfront and it is 200 bucks but your insurance might cover it. I would start with the doctor office first and tell them you would like to make the appt meaningful. As some wise person on this board said, remember that the doctor works for you. If you ask for a lab test, they should give it to you.

Does anyone in your family have Celiac or gluten intolerance? This isn't a requirement to have Celiacs but it helps the argument for blood tests now.

Good luck and keep me posted.

Nope... :/ No one in my family is known to be allergic to anything. What's the "full Celiac panel?"

Thank you for your reply:)

researchmomma Contributor

Nope... :/ No one in my family is known to be allergic to anything. What's the "full Celiac panel?"

Thank you for your reply:)

My daughter too although our family has tons of autoimmune disorders and cancers that are associated with Celiac.

Here is the panel from labcorp

Open Original Shared Link

Hope this helps. Others here can give you more info on the tests.

I would ask what the Celiac Panel that they are ordering covers.

Kristi

Archived