This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sleep And Symptoms

Tutahl75

Tutahl75 Apprentice

I developed some horrible sleep habits when I was sick and the doctors didn't know why. I've been gluten-free for close to six months now and on nights I have trouble falling asleep, I get restless and agitated, which leads to bad memories of being sick.

I've done some meditating to help me cope. Does anyone else have some advice to getting over these painfull memories that effect my ability to relax.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

darlindeb25 Collaborator
<_< i'm thinking that your real problem is not being able to fall asleep and when you get agitated you just start thinking about those pass days--i know there is no answer to those restless nights--i myself call them "watching the clock nights"--i had one last night myself---maybe if you would try some tylenol PM on those nights--yes, i know it is gluten free becasue i take it myself--today i told my daughter that i am wondering if my restless nights are connected to eating tuna--i only buy tuna in water and recently i found out there is soy in the broth they use on the tuna--i do know that too much soy bothers me and now i am wondering if the soy in the tuna is what makes me restless--we all react differently to different intolerances--so i am going to watch those nights i have tuna and find out--may be the end of my tuna eating days :( ---anyways, give tylenol PM a try ;) otay--deb

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Elienellie
    Newest Member
    Elienellie
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Shireen32
      Hi , since being gluten free I am still having bad stomach problems . Such as constant gas in my stomach 24/7 ,burning, constant bubbling noises coming from my stomach and gurgling sounds that never stop .Pain under the left side of my rib cage when ever I eat and just always there’s pain there  .  My symptoms have not improved at all since being gluten free.  Could this be refractory coeliac disease ?? How is that even diagnosed or confirmed  ?  I had tests recently and this is what they say :Endomysial abs (IgA) -Positive  TTG abs (IgA)U/ml : My result is : 0.9 U/ml The Range:0 - 10 U/ml What does this mean pls ??? How can I still test positive for Endomysial abs when I am gluten free and am very careful about cross contamination? Do I even have coeliac disease I’m convinced some other digestive disorder is causing these symptoms .   I also have not had a endoscopy and now the gastroenterologist calls me after one year ( I’m from the uk and have free healthcare which has been such a nightmare with all this and never help me  )  so as I am gluten free the gastroenterologist advised me to start eating gluten again to be referred for a biopsy .. Is a biopsy even worth me doing ? The only proof I have is when I was eating gluten I could never get my ferretin , vitamin d and folate levels up . And since being gluten free these have gone up a little bit  . But that doesn’t always mean coeliac as I know gluten stops absorption in even normal people  . Pls can anyone shed some light it’s much needed ! And share some advice or answer my questions above . I have no idea with this whole coeliac stuff and am very much struggling .Much Appreciated .  
    • knitty kitty
      Vitamin D deficiency.  Not enough Omega Threes. Another autoimmune disease like arthritis, maybe.    
    • Eldene
      Any Naturopaths on this site?
    • Katiec123
      @RMJ it makes sense as it’s something I’ve experienced more than once. Currently 24 weeks and baby is doing well! Will be seeking more medical advice today 
    • Manaan2
      Thank you! This is great information and perfect timing because we have our first appointment for a second opinion tomorrow.