Chewy Cherry Cocoa Scones (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
These Chewy Cherry Cocoa Scones will knock your socks off! They're gluten-free and dairy-free and vegan so they're sure to please everyone in your home. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 ½ cups brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. almond extract
- 1 large zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. ground chia seeds
- 1/4 cup gluten-free cereal, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. dried cherries, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the flours, baking powder, cocoa powder and sea salt into a medium mixing bowl; whisk to combine. Add in vegan butter; continue to mix.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together maple syrup, milk and almond extract. Add to dry ingredients; mix well with hands until mixture thickens. Add zucchini, chia seeds, crushed cereal and dried cherries; continue to mix.
- Using a tablespoon, portion out golf ball-sized portions onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool before serving.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).