- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Greek Recipes
- Connie Sarros’ Greek Burger Patties
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Connie Sarros’ Greek Burger Patties
Connie Sarros travels the country speaking to celiac support groups.Â She has a DVD “All You Wanted to Know About Gluten-free Cooking” and has written the following books:
- Newly Diagnosed Survival Kit
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Dessert Cookbook
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Recipes for Special Diets
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Reduced Calorie Cookbook
- Wheat-free Gluten-free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults
- Gluten-free Cooking for Dummies
View all articles by Connie Sarros
This article originally appeared in the Autumn 2003 edition of Celiac.com's Journal of Gluten-Sensitivity.
Celiac.com 09/18/2014 - Right now, it is considered the “in” thing to be on a low carbohydrate diet. Dr. Atkins has become a household word. Try this great low carb recipe for your gluten-free and low carb diet.
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ lb. ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dill
- ½ teaspoon mint
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tomato, minced
- 3 Tablespoons low-salt feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
In a small pan, sauté onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until tender but not browned; transfer to a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well. Form into 4 patties. Grill or broil patties about 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serves 4.
Calories: 305; Total fat: 25g; Saturated fat: 10.1g; Cholesterol: 68.1mg; Sodium: 135.6mg; Carbohydrates: 4.4g; Fiber: 0.7g; Sugar: 1.1g; Protein: 15.7
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).