- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
- Graham Crackers (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Graham Crackers (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
1 cup gluten-free flour mix*
¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup brown rice flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup soy or quinoa flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup packed brown sugar
7 tablespoon chilled butter-cut into pieces
1 ¾ teaspoons cinnamon
3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix together flours, brown sugar, cinnamon, powder, soda, xanthan gum, and salt. Using your fingers, work the butter into the dry ingredients. Stir in 3 tablespoons, honey and vanilla. If dry add a bit more water (1 tablespoon at a time). Gather into a soft ball sized ball and refrigerate at least one hour (I usually leave it overnight, covered).
Roll out to 1/8 to ¼ inch thick (I use parchment paper), cut into squares, prick lightly with fork and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar before baking. (I skip the last step if we are going to frost them).
Bake at 325F for 12-15 minutes.
* Bette Hagmans Four Flour Mix (from The Gluten-Free Gourmet Bakes Bread).
Garfava Bean Flour 2/3 part
Sorghum Flour 1/3 part
Cornstarch 1 part
Tapioca Flour 1 part
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).