2 replies to this topic

#1 Smylinacha

Smylinacha

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yesterday was my endoscopy. I was eating heavy gluten for a week and starting last Monday I have had migraines and sinus pressure really bad. Went off the gluten today. Whether I have celiac or not, I know I feel better gluten free. Just today my rashes disappeared. But the migraine and sinus pressure is still there.....to the point where I had to go to bed this afternoon, after doing a Nettie pot, taking a fioricet and ice packs. Just took my second fioricet now. Anyone with migraines and when will it subside? I don't remember having them this bad.Do I still have gluten in my system that has to leave? Last two plus months have been bliss with no headaches whatsoever until I glutened up this week. I am not talking a piece of bread a day, EVERY meal was loaded with gluten last week.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 EmiPark210

EmiPark210

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

You probably still have gluten in your system, if headaches/migraines are one of your recognizable symptoms. It take most people a couple days to flush things out and be back to normal. For me it can be as little as 40 hours but up to 60ish until I stop feeling the effects of gluten. 

But do you know about your reaction to any sort of anesthesia? I remember from previous surgeries (4 in the past 4 years) that my body feels sore for a while after. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water. 

Hope it clears up soon. 

IBS Diagnosis: 2010

Celiac blood results: 2/21/13 Positive

Biopsy: 4/19/13 - visually positive, 4/23/13 - positive

#3 Smylinacha

Smylinacha

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

I have no reactions with anesthesia. Actually when I get put under they have to give me a lot to keep me under. After the twilight I left after my husband brought me home and went shopping. I am taking Musinex D right now which is helping. I am better today....stabbing migraine is just a dull ache now but I am irritable and depressed. Been sick 3 days of my 4 day weekend and the weather still sucks. When I eat gluten and don't feel well I want to pack my bags and get away. Guess I have more gluten in me that has to leave my system. My last day off tomorrow and I better feel better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: