1 reply to this topic

#1 .byrdie

.byrdie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

I know that based on my results from my Celiac Blood Panel that I am negative for Celiac Disease, but I was curious if my results could mean that I am "gluten sensitive"...

Any help is appreciated

Results:

Tissue Transglutaminase AB, IGA - 1     <4 No anitobody detected

> or = 4 antibody detected

Immunoglobulin A - 306                            81 - 463 mg/dL

Gliadin (Deamidated) AB (IGA) - 7          <20 antibody not detected

> or = 20 antibody detected

I have a lot of the symptoms for gluten sensitivity, such as: bloating, gas, fatigue, joint pain, getting full quickly, irritable, anxiety, loose stools, migraines, ear infections, etc...

Thanks in advanced to whomever answers :)

- Alana :D 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Your symptoms would certainly point to non-celiac gluten intolerance (NCGI) - those gluten migraines are killers! Celiac blood tests do not indicate NCGI if they are low. Celiac blood tests are largely in response to the damage being done to the intestines, and NCGI patients do not have dmagae to the intestines (although they appear to have every other horrible symptom). Your tests are negative, so I would guess you don't have celiac; you could always request the EMA IgA, DGP iGG, AGA IgG and AGA IgA, and tTG iGG for further blood testing, or even the biopsy if you really think it's celiac (based on family history or other info).

If you can't do further testing, I would advise you to go gluten-free for at least 4-6 months. You have some pretty classic symptoms that will probably disappear over time on the gluten-free diet.

Good luck!

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: