Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Ways To Speed Up Recovery From Brain Fog?

brain fog recovery speed up recovery

• Please log in to reply

No replies to this topic

#1 ForestAndTrees

ForestAndTrees

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hi everyone,

I've read a lot of the posts related to brain fog, and have found a lot of great info.  However, I haven't found much related to ways in which to speed up recovery from it.  I've listed below what I found: do you know additional ways?

Here's what I've found in the other posts:

- Get nutrient levels checked, especially: vitamins B and D, calcium, magnesium.  Take supplements as needed.

- Get seratonin and neurotransmitter levels checked

- Take probiotics

- Ensure there's absolutely no gluten cross-contamination

Here are things I've picked up or figured out myself:

- Identify foods other than gluten which set off the "brain fog" response

- Identify foods labelled "gluten-free" which have ingredients you know to be ok for you, but which set off a reaction anyway (my guess is this is due to manufacturing processes - Mary's Gone Crackers is one food which fits this criteria for me).

Anything else?  I've been particularly looking for programs designed to aid memory recovery and general brain function recovery from a temporary "cognitive decline", but haven't found anything good yet.  That said, I haven't been able to fandangle my way into a neurologist's office to ask an expert, either.

Does anyone know of differences in recommended brain fog recovery aids for non-celiac gluten sensitivity versus celiac disease?

Thank you!!

Severely gluten-sensitive.  1 celiac blood test negative, after a week of being gluten-free.  Whether it's celiac or not, we'll never know.

110% gluten-free for life.  :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: