Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Health And Beauty Aids For Kids...

2 posts in this topic

Just wondering what you all use for your celiac kids.

Shampoo and conditioner

Body wash/soap

Lotion

Chapstick/Lip Goo - we are using eos and it's working ok (my oldest had "celiac lips" for years before DX and now I realize it's because our lip goo was just poisoning her over and over.  UGH!!)

We are going camping with the Girl Scouts soon and I'm going to need sunscreen and bug spray.

In the past we've always leaned toward the more natural ingredients, but I'm willing to push that aside, for now, while the girls still heal

Thanks.

Ads by Google:

We use Suave or Kirkland (Costco brand) shampoos and conditioners.  Dove soap (no body washes) and Cerave as a lotion.  Though J & J Baby lotion has a new "natural product" that lists all ingredients and their sources.  We use Eos too.  

Banana Boat is our favorite sunscreen.  I use the baby sunscreen for my face as it does not run into my eyes on bike rides.  

Haven't looked into bug spray.  We use whatever's at my parent's house and I make sure my husband and I wash our hands after applying.  No bugs where we live!  

We are Girl Scouts too!  Our troop does accommodate me (gluten-free) and a girl with peanut and milk allergies.  Not all troops are so careful as it depends on the leaders who are volunteers.  We have lots of fun camping!