1 reply to this topic

#1 africanqueen99

africanqueen99

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

Just wondering what you all use for your celiac kids.

Shampoo and conditioner

Body wash/soap

Lotion

Chapstick/Lip Goo - we are using eos and it's working ok (my oldest had "celiac lips" for years before DX and now I realize it's because our lip goo was just poisoning her over and over.  UGH!!)

We are going camping with the Girl Scouts soon and I'm going to need sunscreen and bug spray.

In the past we've always leaned toward the more natural ingredients, but I'm willing to push that aside, for now, while the girls still heal

Thanks.

Angela

Undiagnosed, but I'm positive that I'm the genetic link to celiac for my kids.  Gluten Free in solidarity of my girls!

Kid 1 (8 y/o girl) - DX celiac via blood in 9/2013 (age 7.5).  Negative biopsy in 10/2013.

Kid 2 (4 y/o boy) - DX as "latent celiac" via blood in 9/2013 (age 3.5).  Negative biopsy in 10/2013.  DX with gastritis.

Kid 3 (2 y/o girl) - DX celiac via blood in 8/2013 (age 1.5) and 9/2013. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

We use Suave or Kirkland (Costco brand) shampoos and conditioners.  Dove soap (no body washes) and Cerave as a lotion.  Though J & J Baby lotion has a new "natural product" that lists all ingredients and their sources.  We use Eos too.  

Banana Boat is our favorite sunscreen.  I use the baby sunscreen for my face as it does not run into my eyes on bike rides.  

Haven't looked into bug spray.  We use whatever's at my parent's house and I make sure my husband and I wash our hands after applying.  No bugs where we live!  

We are Girl Scouts too!  Our troop does accommodate me (gluten-free) and a girl with peanut and milk allergies.  Not all troops are so careful as it depends on the leaders who are volunteers.  We have lots of fun camping!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: