5 replies to this topic

#1 eeyor_fan

eeyor_fan

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:40 AM

I was reading the book "A Personal Touch With Celiac Disease" and in one of the stories the lady mentioned using Viactiv. I inquired about it and my pharmisist said they were not gluten-free. I emailed viactiv about their calcium and multi vitamin chews; they never emailed me back but instead snail mailed me a t-shirt, and some coupons but never answered my question about being gluten-free. The pharmisist could be wrong because I've been to 3 in my area and none of them seem to be too educated on gluten. Does anyone know about these? :blink:
Hugs
Bridget
I first tested positive for celiac in August 2004. Born/raised in Canada, now lives in NJ. Borderline RA and problems with GI muscle disfunction since Dec 2005...BUT FIGHTING BACK HARDER EVERY DAY!!!

Life has no dress rehersals so live each moment as if it were your last! At the end of the day it is YOU that you have to answer to. Karma and fate is what you choose it to be! Never sacrafice your dreams or beliefs. If someone truely likes you, they like you for who you are, not what they want you to be!
Bridget

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bluelotus

bluelotus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:46 AM

I had emailed them too a long time ago and never heard back. I had to stop using them anyway since they contained lactose. Hopefully, someone here knows. Otherwise, if a company isn't respectful enough to respond, I'd say take your business elsewhere. If you can tolerate taking calcium in a pill form, there are pleny of gluten-free suppliments out there.
The temple bell stops
but the sound keeps coming
out of the flowers
-Zen Haiku Master Basho

#3 Guest_gfinnebraska_*

Guest_gfinnebraska_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:27 AM

Yes, the calcium and multi-vitamin are both gluten-free. I use them daily. :)

#4 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:39 AM

Calling is much more effective with some companies than email. I called on a different product they made, and they noted that product was gluten-free as well.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#5 hthorvald

hthorvald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:24 AM

I understand that Viactiv is gluten-free and I ate both the multi vitamins and the calcium religiously. At the same time, I had raging migraines to the tune of everyother day, brain fog, dizziness, and bloating. I decided to stop taking them in case the chocolate was promoting the headaches. Well, in two weeks I've only had two migraines and very little dizziness, and the brain fog seems to have gone away.

I'm not taking any multi vitamins or calcium right now, so I'd better start looking for an alternative. Again, not sure if it was the Viactiv or not, but things have definitely been better.

Does anyone have any suggestions on multi vitamins or calcium? Something that's good on the stomach? I took Viactiv in the first place because it didn't bother my stomach.

Helen.
Helen Kendrick
Gluten free since 5/03/04

#6 PreOptMegs

PreOptMegs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:19 AM

I use the multivitamin VITALERT. I have used it for a couple of months now and really like it, also printed on the label it says this product is free of gluten, starch..... I buy it from WAL-MART.
I LOVE JESUS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: