#1 mat4mel

mat4mel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 06:10 PM

Hello,

Some of you may remember, that my 2 yr old dd was just confirmed via blood tests that she probably has Celiac. I am now wondering about my other kids. One of my children I suspect might have it, although he does not have any GI symptoms.

The blood tests that suggested Celiac in my dd was Anti-gliadin IgA and IgG. In the meantime, I am putting my whole family on a gluten free diet, but now I am wondering.. should I go ahead and get the whole family tested? What tests should I ask for specifically so that we don't all have to be stuck 2 and 3 times in the case of inconclusive results? ALSO... my dr is out of town for a few weeks! We have only been gluten free for 2 days.. should I put the whole family (except my 2 yr old) back on gluten right now and wait weeks to be tested? Feeling a little irritated that my dr is not around right now. For insurance reasons, we can't switch drs easily.

Mel

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ashlee's_mom

ashlee's_mom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:58 AM

I would probably put everyone but the 2 year old back on gluten until you can get tested. I think it would be easier now then in a couple weeks once you are getting used to being gluten-free, and the tests won't be accurate if you don't have enough gluten in your diet. Especially with the siblings, I would want to know! I don't know much about what tests to ask for though, hopefully someone else can help out there! Is there anyone who is filling in for your Dr. you can use without causing a problem in your insurance? Just a thought! Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: