2 replies to this topic

#1 TinkerbellSwt

TinkerbellSwt

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

I have been gluten free since October 2005. My son born in May 2005 was also gluten free too. His formula just happens to be gluten free as are most baby foods. I read the labels on his foods anyway as we have gotten further into his foods. I wanted him tested ASAP but I was told that he had to ingest gluten to be tested for celiacs. (this never occured to me!) I slowly started introducing some gluten into his diet. He has been having chicken noodle dinners, lasagna dinners etc. All of a sudden we notice my son having these "seizure" like activities. We took him to the ER yesterday and they found nothing wrong. They are sending him for an EEG tomorrow and then to a pediatric neurologist on Monday. Does anyone think it could be gluten doing this? My mom saw a show on discovery network that had a little boy on there that was having seizures and they couldnt diagnose him. His mother finally took him off gluten and the seizures stopped. Of course when I told the ER doctor this he looked at me like I had 2 heads. I would appreciate anyones help or input on this. Thank you

Tinkerbell
Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05
son born severly premature due to
celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:57 PM

I've had seizures since I was a kid, They went away when I went off gluten...

those ER dr.s grrrrrrrrrrrr :angry:

#3 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

I saw the show your mom was talking about. It was Mystery Diagnosis. In it, they had a little boy who had seizure-like episodes when he was a baby--he would kind of zone out--the mom or dad had to say something directly in his face to bring him out of it. His doctors couldn't find anything wrong--the mom had Celiac and she was the one who thought there might be a connection. The boy is fine today--an active, healthy Celiac kid. No matter what the doctors think--go with your gut. I'll keep you and your son in my thoughts.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: