How Long Till It Gets Better?
Posted 12 October 2004 - 07:19 AM
Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:14 PM
Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:35 PM
There are a number of things that could be wrong if a celiac continues to have problems on the gluten-free diet:
1. There could still be gluten in your diet (unlikely if you're very careful about cross-contamination and reading ingredients).
2. You could have another intolerance or allergy.
3. You could have another health related problem in addition to celiac.
4. It takes some people longer to heal than others (Which can be frustrating, especially if you've been so faithful to the diet and not seeing improvements).
5. And there's also something called refractory celiac (which we hope no one EVER gets) where celiacs do not respond to the gluten-free diet. This is rare though.
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004
Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:54 PM
Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:00 PM
(Of course, all of this comes after what everyone else said about other intolerances and giving it plenty of time.)
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users