2 replies to this topic

#1 maxwell1200

maxwell1200

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:47 AM

I am so angry right now. It seems like the harder I try to stay gluten-free the more I fail. This afternoon i went and got a salad from Subway and then went and bought salad dressing with ingredients that I could actually read, you know all natural stuff. So I am sitting here eating my yummy salad and right when i am done, I read the ingredients again and there is SOY SAUCE in it. How dumb can I be.

I go to all the trouble to tryand eat gluten-free then I fall flat on my face. It is so frustrating.

Then the other night (this one is my fault) I cooked a healthy fish dinner with some good veggies while my husband had some crossiants. When he was cleaning and I was feeding the leftover bread to the dogs, I snuck a piece (it could not have even been a quarter of the whole roll) Then of course 30 minutes later I was sick.

Maybe I should think of that one as a good thing, because I will never cheat like that again, and if I was that sensitive then maybe it because my body is adjusting to a gluten-free lifestyle.

Thanks for reading, I just needed to vent.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:43 AM

On top of all that I'd advise you not to eat anything at all at Subway. Too much cross contamination.

richard

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 02:45 PM

Anything you don't prepare yourself from scratch from known-to-be gluten-free items runs the risk of getting you sick. That's not to say that's your ONLY choice, but remember it's a choice. There's a risk associate with choosing items someone else has control over, but life is a set of calculated risks anyway. Try not to be angry at yourself; we can't know with 100% certainty the outcome of our choices. Just take it as a learning lesson. (I've been gluten-free nearly one and a half years, and still miss "soy sauce" in things before I buy them, on occasion.)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: