This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Detox Cleanse

Melody A

Melody A Newbie

Has anyone been on a cleanse and or detox that has been sucessfull for them?

I would like to have some tips about what helped them.

Besides celiac, I have food intolorances and multipal food allergies.

I think a detox and cleanse would do me good, but i dont want to do it hap hazardly.

I need to get some kind of plan in place before i do this.

thanks

melody

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I am glad you are researching a bit before you do this. It is not something I would reccommend for us. If you feel strongly that you need to detox how about doing a one day fast with fresh juices and lots of water. Then the next day or two eat only unprocessed naturally gluten free food, (that is how I eat every day but many can't live without their premade stuff). Your body will naturally detox itself if you give it good whole foods and drop anything processed for a bit. The boxed detoxes can be rather dangerous for folks whose systems are already compromised.

yukionna Newbie

Hi,

I looked for some info on that myself a while ago, and came across a book by sandra cabot, called 'the liver cleansing diet' (the liver being our detoxorgan). It's quite good, and has recipes in it as well. No medicins suggested, only some herbs and otherwise a lot of commonsense suggestions. With all your foodallergies you would probably have to adjust some of the recipes. Might be interesting to look into it..

CarlaB Enthusiast

You might read up on far-infrared saunas. I have FIR sauna and my skin has never felt better. It has obviously drawn out a lot of toxins. They draw out much more than traditional saunas with a much lower heat ... things like heavy metals, pollutants, plastics, etc. The heat from this goes deep into tissue and draws out the impurities.

I have a Sunlight Sauna .... mine was expensive (though they have cheaper models), but I know there are saunas for as low as $300.

I also feel that eating a higher percentage of raw fruits and veggies is good. Check out the Fit For Life books (though a bit sarcastic, they have good info). You can also check out Harvey Diamond on my space.

Humaworm (www.humaworm.com) is a very good all-over parasite cleanse.

A warm epsom salt bath is detoxing .... 2 cups espsom salts, one cup baking soda.

Lemon water is alkalinizing. You should be drinking 2-3 quarts of water daily.

These are things I've had good results from.

sickchick Community Regular

I am looking into this too thanks for the post you guys.

I am currently eating 2 Milk Thistle capsule a day as a supplement and I drink the lemon water too.

I keep it chilled in the fridge in a pitcher :)

Good luck with your healing :)

lovelove

sickchick

Ken70 Apprentice

www.herbdoc.com

This is the detox I did that eventually helped me figure out that I am GI.

dksart Apprentice

A good morning detox/metabolism booster drink is lemon water with a bit of ginger and garlic grated in along with a dash of cayenne. If my joints are swollen, I add turmeric. ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Tiffy Newbie

Seaweed is really good to eat because it takes out a lot of heavy metals from your body. Add it to some homemade miso soup because miso also helps the body to natural detoxify. Hope this helps!

Archived