18 replies to this topic

#16 gary'sgirl

gary'sgirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

Leannie, Congratulations!!!! How have you been since posting? Is everything looking okay so far? Please let me know, I hope everything goes wonderfully for you.

I'm praying that everything will go well with your pregnancy, and that your baby or babies are healthy.

I'm feeling the baby quite a lot lately and it helps me a little to not be quite so anxious about whether or not the baby is okay. I had an ultra sound last week and so far everything looks good, but they are unsure of the dates so I am having another one in about a month. I'll keep you posted and thank you for the encouragement.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 gary'sgirl

gary'sgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

To all of you who have been giving advice and wantng to help. Thank you again. I have hope that we will get things worked out hopefully before the baby comes and that I can get this depresion under control.

I found a doula to assist with the birth and I think that it will be so helpful. She is so nice and when she found out that we are having financial difficulties she told me not to worry about paying her, she wants to just be there for us without the financial obligation. What a blessing!

Also a couple of the doctors I see are trying to help me figure out some supplements that will help me with my brain function and in turn help with the depression and anxiety. I may have to go on medication, but I want that to be the absolute last resort. - I don't usually respond well to meds, I end up getting all of the side effects and non of the benefits usually.

#18 Laennie

Laennie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:20 PM

Thanks :) I've been doing pretty good so far. The week before we found out & the week after I was super super tired. Last week I felt more energetic until Friday night. Then the tired started creeping back up on me. I got on here right now just because I was going to pass out staring at my monitor instead of working haha. The first few days after we found out I was really nauseous a lot but I seem to have gotten that mostly under control. If I eat small frequent meals I do better & just make sure I don't force myself to eat things that I currently detest like cereal. I told my husband this morning I'd rather eat nothing at all than eat cereal lol. Every time I have forced myself to eat a little before going to work I end up feeling sick & it's gluten-free Chex so that's not the problem lol. We had our 1st ultrasound Friday & it looks like it's just 1 and everything looked good so far but it was too early for a heartbeat so I go back again this Friday. Hopefully by then there should be a heartbeat. It was very neat to see that early though, it looked exactly like the picture in the week 5 photo on babycenter.com

I'm glad that you're getting some help from people. That's awesome that you're getting a doula to volunteer her help. I wish that I could give you more help & advice. I was on a bunch of medication for anxiety, depression etc when I got pregnant last time. They told me I could keep taking the medication while I was pregnant but I just didn't want to take any kind of chances. I ended up doing great off the medication while I was pregnant but I still saw (and still do see) a therapist & I had learned a lot of things that helped with stress or mood etc. So I got lucky & was a lot better while I was pregnant.

I really hope that things keep looking up for you, even if it is slowly. This is supposed to be one of the happiest times of our lives & it's just rotten when you're sick or have other problems etc.

#19 Tigercat17

Tigercat17

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:02 AM

Lisa, thanks for the information about the vitamins and blood work. I double checked (again) the vitamins I take and I don't think there is any chance of CC and just to make sure I stopped taking them for a while with no improvement.

Something I did find however, was that I had bought a couple of new herbs that should have been fine, but my daughter and I were having reactions whenever we ate them. I got rid of them and I think we took care of that (it was giving me stomach flu like symptoms and was probably adding to my emotional distress).

I think I will look into having the blood panel done. I don't know why my doc never did it, it seems like the most prudent thing to do. I'm not sure how long it will take me to get around to it, it's been a struggle to do anything extra these days, but i will try to make it a priority. I think I will ask my midwife if she can order it for me at my next appointment. I will let you (all) know when i get it done.

Lisa, thank you too, for praying for me. I can't tell you how much it touched me when I read that - most of the time I just feel like no one cares and it brought a bit of encouragement to my heart when I read that.

PS. sorry it took me so long to respond. I just haven't felt able to put words together in a coherent way lately.

Hi Sarah!

Sorry I'm responding late- it took me a while to find this post. I'm still learning how to work this forum. :D

I hope you are feeling better now that you stopped the herbs. I'm so glad you were able to figure it out. :)
Another thing I was thinking... did you doctor test your thyroid at all? An under active thyroid can cause a lot of problems- feeling tried all the time, depression, constipation, muscle aches and other symptoms...it's just a thought. There's a huge connection between hypothyroidism and celiac disease. If you want more information on this just ask. I've had sooo many problems with my thyroid.

And good luck with your blood test! I hope it comes back normal! I know it's hard to get things do when you don't feel good.

Take Care & I'll still be praying for you! :)
Lisa

Infertility since 1995/Endometriosis
Hasimoto Thyroid disease 1998
Enlarged Abdominal Lymph nodes since 2003 - Stable
Thyroid Hurtle Cell Cancer 2008 Stage 1- Total Thyriodectomy 2008
Anxiety/Depression/Insomnia/Fatigue - Gone with gluten free diet
Acid reflux -LPR 7-2009 - Gone with a Strict gluten free diet
Celiac disease - positive upper endoscopy & Blood Test 9-2009
Undiagnosed celiac for 20 years - Gluten free since 9-13-09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: