arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Do Your Symptoms Always Run The Same Course?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AZGirl

AZGirl

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

I have been doing my best to be gluten free since September of 2010. Unfortunately, I rarely go more than a week without having some cc issues. I guess I'm going to learn all my mistakes the hard way. Anyway, I had to come home from work today because of a cc issue with my lunch. I ordered a salad at Subway....I know what you are thinking, but I forgot my lunch and there truly were no other options.
I actually felt pretty good about it while I was there. I was the only one in there and they had just opened. I asked the girl to change her gloves before she helped me.
I ate most of it and then the D struck me f/b nausea etc...
The point to this is: I never used to get D it was always constipation. I really feel like I never know what to expect when I get glutened anymore.
Do your symptoms typically follow a course or are they random like mine? I'd really like to know.
Thanks so much for you input in advance.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Wolicki

Wolicki

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:30 AM

RAndom and different every time. Sometimes it's just stabbing pain in the intestinal area. Sometimes D and vomitting. Sometimes just horrible gas pains, or brain fog or depression.
I got glutened 2 weeks ago and it's only been better the last few days. This was the worst ever in two years, and it was from cc. Oyy :(
Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

#3 SaraKat

SaraKat

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

The only symptom I ever get is a sharp stabbing pain in my left ribcage area, so when that happens I assume I got glutened.
Positive TTG IGA blood test 8/13/10
Endoscopy confirmed 8/31/10
Started gluten-free diet 9/1/10

#4 over50

over50

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

over 50
Yes the symptoms do seem to vary, at times it is very difficult to tell whether it was cc or simply foods that I am intolerant of now that I've been gluten-free for 7 months! I tell myself to write down a food diary, which I did when seeing the dietician at the hospital but haven't done so since, but it's a good indicator of what is going in and may help you too. Remember though that everyone is different and also may have other diseases/complications that you don't have, it makes it definitely more challenging to know what to eat and what not to eat.
Keeping food snacks that are gluten-free with you at all times should obviate the need to go and eat at the wrong places. You need to be extremely cautious when eating out. Wherever you live there should be a Celiac organization that can help you with the basic information, just look online.
Good luck with the diet, life will get better for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: