Should I Pursue Testing?
Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:20 PM
My DD has had some stomach issues lately, and I'm wondering if I should pursue testing for Celuac, or if I'm way off base.
She is 15 months and has begun spitting up/vomiting regularly after dairy- esp. yogurt. We tried cutting out Lactose for the past wk, to no avail. This started about 6 weeks ago, though as an infant she had horrible reflux. She has been tested for food allergies and has none. She was in the 49th percential for weight at birth, but she was 3rd at 12 month checkup. In thd last week, she has gotten increasingly irratible, she occcasionslly screams as though in pain when we feed her, and she eats very little. She used to be a great eater. Also, she did have a milk protein allergy as an infant- not sure if that's relevant. Finnally, my husband commented tonight that her belly is starting to look like those pictures of malnourished babies.
As far as milestones, she is great. Walked early, says and signs several words, everything's on schedule.
Any thoughts?? She just serms miserable lately, and I want to find out what's wrong in order to help her!
Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:32 AM
Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:11 AM
Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:44 AM
- self-dx gluten-sensitive 2007 but did not take it seriously
- dx autoimmune Graves hyperthyroidism 9-7-11
- second opinion doctor confirmed autoimmune hyperthyroid dx, suggested possible autoimmune thyroid-gluten sensitivity connection
- medication-induced hyperthyroid remission 11-4-11
- lab test dx gluten, casein, ovalbumin, and soy sensitive 12-15-11
- taking diet seriously now, strict GFCFSF diet...
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users