Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Type Of Doctor To Treat Nutritional Deficiencies?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 rrr22

rrr22

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

Hello - I am celiac, gluten free for about 8 months and am still extremely sensitive to everything I ingest. If I do not take a b vitamin, I suffer from chronic fatigue. I have tried many types of vitamins and I do the "best" on Nature Made Super B. I do well with the exception that it causes me to have headaches roughly 2-8 hrs each day. I have tried several Organic vitamins and sublinguals, however I have worse reactions to those and thus, they do not really help me.

My question is -- what type of doctor should I consult to:

a) Assess my level of vitamin (primarily b vitamin) deficiencies

B) Suggest alternatives for getting the vitamins I need w/o suffering reactions?

It is very frustrating not be able to get my body to accept nutritional sources of any kind. Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Mom23boys

Mom23boys

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

I go to an applied kinesiologist that I found through a health food store. She knows more than any dr I have been to. She figured out I had a thyroid disorder, leaky gut and hypoglycemia. She is the one who urged me to get further testing because wheat/gluten is usually driving it with my list (longer than what I mentioned). Well, guess what showed up as one of my top issues - wheat/gluten. I could go on with more praise but you get the idea.
Shellfish free since 1980
Milk free (all forms) since 1991
Feingold in 2003
First gluten-free round 2007
Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free

#3 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Have you yet tried Co-Enzyme B-Complex Caps by Country Life? A number of us here on the Forum take this particular B-complex vitamin and have been happy with it.

I wish you luck in finding someone who understands vitamins--at celiac conferences, the dietitians who speak oftentimes say that very few nutritionists and dietitians really understand how to work with celiac patients with regard to their vitamin/mineral deficiencies. I've been using a hit-and-miss approach for years, because every time I get glutened and begin to suffer from odd symptoms, I have to do my own research to find out which vitamin or mineral may be deficient. So far, this method has worked.

#4 rrr22

rrr22

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

Thanks for your feedback. I may look into consulting an applied kinesiologist if things do not improve anytime soon.

I had already ordered Kirkman Labs B-Complex and plan on trying that. I have not tried Country Life and will try those if I do not have much luck with Kirkman.

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: