4 replies to this topic

#1 Molly14

Molly14

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hi so I am new to a gulten free diet and was wondering if anyone has some good recipes? i am a picky eater so i really only eat chicken, all red meat, potatoes, broccoli and some other things. I am willing to try anything once!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hi so I am new to a gulten free diet and was wondering if anyone has some good recipes? i am a picky eater so i really only eat chicken, all red meat, potatoes, broccoli and some other things. I am willing to try anything once!

Welcome, Molly!

Have you checked the gluten-free recipes section? You'll find that we eat very well!
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3 love2travel

love2travel

─îeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hi, Molly. Sylvia is right. Do a search and you will find lots of lipsmacking great recipes!

BTW, is that a REAL puppy? If so, I want it! :P
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4 ~**caselynn**~

~**caselynn**~

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

I do actually get an email everyday from a gluten free site that sends a recipe everyday. Some are good, some are not so much haha but it's really added to my collection so I atleast have something to fall back on!
~**caselynn**~

#5 IndiaEileen

IndiaEileen

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

You'd be really surprised at the array of gluten-free products you can find at your local supermarket (assuming you live in a fairly large town)! Take a gander, I managed to find gluten free ice cream cones, oreos, pudding mixes, gravy mixes, graham crackers, ACTUALLY tasty breads, brownie mixes...Ohhh boy I'll help ya here =D

My boyfriend just served up some delicious microwavable brownies in a bowl with three scoops of ice cream, didn't even taste gluten free! The other night I made a pot of stroganof, replacing the season packet for a gluten free brown gravy mix (you can find those everywhere) and the pasta for a Quinoa and Corn spiral. Didn't even taste gluten free! Aaand, I'll give you an awesome recipe here, assuming you can find the products you need.

Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie

1 box Dr Oscar Gluten Free Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 C Milk
1 C Almond Milk (or substitute any milk alternative)
1 tsp Cinnamon
17 Glutino Gluten Free Graham Crackers (spare in the box for snacking!)
╝ stick butter
8oz Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
2 T Sugar
1 Banana

9 in pie pan

Prepare pudding per directions with milks, add cinnamon once thick. Cool in the fridge with a piece of plastic wrap lining the top so as to not create a skin. Prepare pie crust crushing graham crackers using any creative means at hand. Pour butter as needed to bind (careful not to soak unless you want a super buttery bottom). Bake shell at 375 degrees for 8-12 minutes. Once cool, line the bottom with banana slices. Scoop cooled pudding on top and right before serving prepare the whipped cream. Pour whipping cream, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl and whisk constantly until stiff peaks form. Scoop desired amount onto pie, garnish with cinnamon or banana slices and enjoy!

I just wanna say, too, It's really important to balance foods that aren't just 'wheat alternatives' but naturally gluten free nutrients that come from foods like lentils, your vegetables and yogurts.
That being said it's always really great to have those boxed mac and cheeses around for rainy days!
Here's some of the brands I mentioned, you should call up some stores and see what they have!

Glutino (crackers, pretzels,..)
Pamela's (amazing chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and that yummy brownie mix!)
Ancient Harvest (Quinoa/Corn pasta variety)
Tinkyada (Pasta)
DeBoles (More Pasta)
Bob's Red Mill (Make sure you get gluten free oats, not regulars. They have a great pizza dough we used to make cinnamon buns...man, I eat so many sweets!)
Mrs. Leepers (Those rainy day pasta mix boxes. Yum, they have a hamburger man, tuna caserole. Kinda like the Hamburger Helper of the gluten-free world!)
Udi's (I promise you this bread is worth the 5 bucks. The loaves are amazing, I can have sandwiches again, and they do bagels, hot dog buns and pizza crusts)
I'm sure there's so many more, you might discover them yourself. I try to write up the recipe for each new creation I stumble upon so if you, or anyone else, wants perhaps the beef stroganof recipe please let me know!

I work in a grocery store so I got all the connection.
Hope I helped!
Gluten free since May 1st 2012
Never going back, spreading the word, handing out cookies one interested participant at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: